[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Scalextric Mustangs Return

Scalextric Mustangs Return

All the Latest & Greatest New Product Reviews!
Share Your Thoughts!

Scalextric Mustangs Return

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:29 am

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Scalextric Mustangs Return

Postby goosenapper » Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:28 pm

Harry, those shots of the decals are great and do a wonderful job of taking the surprise out for anyone who is contemplating purchasing these. I was one of those people, but will pass now. Just this week I picked up that Sunoco car that you mentioned along with a few other Scaley Trans Am releases. Those cars look good and are easy to get running well on Sport at least. But seeing how sloppy these decals are, I finally have reason to use this gem of a smiley-face:
:puke-front:

Does applying Future or polish mask them at all?
goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:43 pm

I did not try that sir. it just might hide the edges at least.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby miveson » Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:55 pm

Shame about the quality control issues - appreciate you pointing that out - especially as not everyone will be able to pick these up so cheaply. These models have a RRP of $58 around the globe.

Are you sure the blue #41 is a re-release? Can't say I've seen it before....
miveson
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:26 pm

No it isn't. I was referring to the Parnelli car. I can see how that was not very clear on my part. Will correct.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby miveson » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:29 pm

miveson
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BRS Hobbies » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:39 pm

Once again, a great review Harry! Are decals that much cheaper than tampo printing?

Best regards,
Brian
BRS Hobbies
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bobbyraz49 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:24 pm

bobbyraz49
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby JULES » Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:33 pm

Brian,
Several major reasons for using decals over tampo pad print, if cost is the issue:-

1/ No etched ink print plate costs, just digi print onto sticky backed vinyl
2/ No jig holders tools required to hold shell steady during print
3/ No print machine time
4/ Less operator cost
5/ Less body shell wastage (if the operator of the print machine goofs on any one of the ink prints then the entire body is scrapped). The sticky decals can be peeled off and repositioned.

Scalextric will save a stack of cash if they move over to this method.

Jules
JULES
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:15 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby miveson » Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:14 pm

I'd love to see a side by side shot of the old and new Parnelli - I think I'd use that to make up my mind.

I love the Scalextric Trans Am - one of my favourite collections with over 50 cars.
miveson
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:20 pm

Well someone else will have to do that. Mine is battle worn. The other was given as a gift. Like I said, not that bad...just a fact I had to mention.

If you don't have one, I'd still get it for the collection.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Wobble » Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:47 am

And if you don't want to collect it ,,, race it
Wobble
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby JULES » Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:36 am

JULES
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby loosewheel » Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:46 am

I think I'll wait for the Carrera Mustang to get here be I hop onto this bandwagon.
loosewheel
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to Product Reviews!