[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Spirit Porsche 936 Revisited by Bibbster!

Spirit Porsche 936 Revisited by Bibbster!

All the Latest & Greatest New Product Reviews!
Share Your Thoughts!

Spirit Porsche 936 Revisited by Bibbster!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:29 am

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Spirit Porsche 936 Revisited by Bibbster!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:30 am

Here is the car that should make a good running mate.

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:57 am

Well my junk will not come close to yours, except when you pass me.

But I'll try!
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby masmojo » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:32 am

The Black Short Tail 936 is my Favorite car, one of the few that never leaves my box of runners! ;)
masmojo
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ElSecundo » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:34 am

ElSecundo
The Great One

Postby masmojo » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:38 pm

masmojo
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:39 pm

I started on this car today, and in the spirit (ahem) of this challenge I'll use all the stock parts I can.

However, I noticed the rear axle would not move, unless under a lot of pressure by hand.

I thought it was the gears binding, but after removal it was the axle/bushings. The bushings were so tight I could not turn them by hand.

After removing the wheels, I chucked the axle with bushings in the lathe. The axle is pretty warped. I was going to see if I could wet sand it to get them free, but it's toast.

But the wheels and gear are ok, and I managed to remove the bushings without damage. But I will replace the axle with a section of music wire and report back :)

So, only a axle change for now.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:58 am

It went very well. The wheels were easy to get back on the new axle. A session on the tire razor cleaned them up nicely.

New tires and it runs great. In fact, it might be unbeatable :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Return to Product Reviews!