[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - SRC Ferrari 312T

SRC Ferrari 312T

All the Latest & Greatest New Product Reviews!
Share Your Thoughts!

SRC Ferrari 312T

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Dec 25, 2015 8:58 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: SRC Ferrari 312T

Postby chappy » Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:21 am

Your right John, I got my 2 on the 24th from the postie.
The Villeneuve Ferrari and the Renault RS10.
They are every bit as nice as Harry has stated, a very accurate assesment of the Ferrari.
I think they will be the occasional runners as they come, but I bet one of our 3D developers will soon come out with a chassis to improve things.
That tender front wing is a concern though.
But so beautiful and Historic they were must haves.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:36 am

Good report Bob, I did not see the Renault yet. I would not mind getting that one when it gets to our dealers.

Thanks.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sat Dec 26, 2015 2:16 pm

I love the oddball F-1s, and the 312T is surely one them. I have the 6-wheel Tyrell, and I'm still hunting a 6-wheel Williams. I will probably pick this one up one day, but I still don't understand why they came up with that crazy gearing. There is more than enough room to do an inline setup, even if it had to use a long shaft. Of course, back in the days of the old Fly and GB Track cars, we all looked at cars' features and scratched our heads more than once, didn't we?

Say, Harry, is braking enhanced by the surplus gearing? Does it look like the little secondary shaft could pop out of the saddle that holds it in only one spot when braking?
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby dreinecke » Sat Dec 26, 2015 4:52 pm

An honest review and yes the car has some issues. No doubt. That said though, I've got it on my list.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Dec 26, 2015 5:54 pm

The braking is fair enough for me. The entire assembly could stand to be glued in place.

I was informed that on other forums they are claiming the area under the axle is fragile and will likely crack. Repairing a chassis isn't uncommon around here, so I will keep an eye on it. Maybe two.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby DaveKennedy » Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:40 pm

I love the vintage F1 theme that some companies are making and this one does look quite nice I will admit. ;)
DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Return to Product Reviews!