[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Shadowfax slot cars.

Shadowfax slot cars.

All the Latest & Greatest New Product Reviews!
Share Your Thoughts!

Shadowfax slot cars.

Postby loosesalute » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:33 am

Hi everyone.
There‘s a new bespoke slot car manufacturer in the UK.
It makes ready to run & kits of vintage Grand Prix cars.
The guy who owns the firm is very well known in the UK. He‘s a 100% honest trader who makes all his own products.
You really need to have a look at his site!

www.shadowfaxslotcars.com

Cheers
Kev
loosesalute

Re: Shadowfax slot cars.

Postby chappy » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:35 am

Thanks Kev , I know Marlon, and his work is very good quality.
The cars look great, and an era which isnt covered widely.
Cheers for the link
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby TuscoTodd » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:49 pm

Those look pretty sweet! Thanks for sharing the link!
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:01 pm

OK I'll add to the list.

You can always PM or email me list additions.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby loosesalute » Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:28 pm

Thank-you Harry.
I‘m sure Marlon will appreciate your help. :text-thankyouyellow:
Cheers,
Kev
loosesalute

Postby slowshoes » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:31 pm

Thanks for this link - I love vintage GP cars, so he's sure to get some of my money somewhere down the line. Anyone ever had a front wheel steering car? Any advantages/disadvantages?
slowshoes
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dangermouse » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:13 pm

I think the front wheel steering mainly adds to the realism - the current Fly F1 cars have it, as do the Ninco GO Karts and F1 cars and some of the early SCX cars - there are others as well. Chase Cars does a steering chassis as well - you can find reference to them on here.

There may be an advantage but judging by the lack of it I would say that any advantage wasn't enough to justify the extra expense in manufacturing the cars with it. As in it would seem no one was crying out for it so manufacturers didn't keep offering it.
Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby slowshoes » Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:59 am

Thanks for the input on front wheel steering Dangermouse and old johnny - I appreciate it. I like anything that adds realism to the cars, as long as it doesn't take away from the performance/handling of the car.

It sounds like these cars can be ordered with or without front steering, so I think I'll give it a try when I order my first car and see how I like it. Thanks again for the input fellas.
slowshoes
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:44 am

Yes, it would be very kind of you if you presented us with a report/review.

Thanks.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby slowshoes » Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:49 pm

I'd be happy to report back - may not be until after the holidays though. We are going out of town for both Thanksgiving and Christmas this year, so I'll have to see what's left in the slot car budget. (Is there ever enough .... sigh). :cry:
slowshoes
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:12 pm

Glad to see Marlon is back at it! Those are great looking kits!!!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Czar » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:44 am

Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby scatman » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:04 am

Wonder if the chassis would work on Pink Kar slot cars
scatman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to Product Reviews!