[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Pioneer Smokey Camaro - IN THE HOUSE

Pioneer Smokey Camaro - IN THE HOUSE

All the Latest & Greatest New Product Reviews!
Share Your Thoughts!

Pioneer Smokey Camaro - IN THE HOUSE

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:19 pm

Finally. At long last I have this slot car in my hands. All I can say is WOW :scared-eek:

The following review is highly biased :dance:

Box art is well done, very eye catching to say the least.

Mechanically speaking it is the same, which is perfect. Last thing any of us want is changing a series midstream.

The paint work here is outstanding. In fact, could be perfect :) Maybe it's the color or who the car is all about? Naaaaaaa...it's just perfect.

Detail level is just right.

The view most will see of this car :)

Seriously though, WELL DONE Jules! And thank you for supporting HRW by sending this one in direct.

This is the high water mark for Pioneer in my eyes. :auto-checkeredflag:
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Pioneer Smokey Camaro - IN THE HOUSE

Postby Gameover » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:27 pm

Yep she sure is a beauty!
Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Postby scatman » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:34 pm

My car arrived today too, it's a beauty. It's a must have.
scatman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dge467 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:47 pm

That is a beauty!
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby BRS Hobbies » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:47 pm

Harry,

Are you getting some cool slot cars or what? I can't think of a better time to be in the hobby. Plenty of vintage Trans Am, vintage Le Mans, modern DTM, modern GT, etc.

Best regards,
Brian
BRS Hobbies
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Z-carfan » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:59 pm

Beautiful car, yes I'm jealous.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Gameover » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:06 pm

:text-threadjacked:

Just want to add a few more pictures. And trust me they dont do these cars justice!

Dont forget the spare parts these come with. I heard rumors but only buying the few pioneers i have used never git to see the spare parts.

These have a deep guide extra brushes and a spare pinion gear. Way to go pioneer!!!
Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Postby TsgtRet » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:03 pm

Harry, there is no bias there at all. :lol: It is a beautiful car and Jules already has the perfect formula with that chassis. Of my 8 TA cars, 6 ride on Pioneer chassis.

Gameover, love all 3 of those, even if they are Camaros (this Blue Oval guy has 2, I'm ashamed to admit :oops: ). BTW I think your Charger has the long guide installed. (Nice looking 250 GTO, too :mrgreen: )
TsgtRet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby miveson » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:34 pm

Just ordered mine after seeing that picture.....
miveson
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby JULES » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:35 am

I think Harry does exceptionally well with his trusty Kodak Brownie.

If you can impress Miveson (one of the best photographers in slot car land) then that is a job dun good.

Let me know if you need any more film, Harry. Got a couple packs of CX-620 film unused after a school trip to the zoo back in '72.

Thanks for the review, Harry, and to you all for your comments on the Smokey Yunick Camaro.

Jules
JULES
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SLOTTING SINCE 1963 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:06 am

Nice car great pics and review Harry.
Well done Jules.
SLOTTING SINCE 1963
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:09 am

Thanks. As the saying goes, even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile:-)

Just figuring out this fancy Polaroid One Step.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby dr fabio » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:35 am

dr fabio
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ming charlie » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:31 am

This is an awesome car, I mean an awesome set of cars. Jules, you right on with these, and #13 paint is great. Looks like I'll need some more money for at least one of these. Hard part is choosing which one , love the Smokey car but really like the red one also.
Charlie
ming charlie

Postby miveson » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:52 pm

Finally got my hands on Smokey and rather impressed to say the least.

miveson
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to Product Reviews!