Carrera Dekon Monza

All the Latest & Greatest New Product Reviews!
Share Your Thoughts!

Re: Carrera Dekon Monza

Postby SOBwanhoser » Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:05 am

Very interesting to see that these raced with the Greenwood Corvette in 1975 (1001 link on website) - Was always wondering what race against these Corvettes, other than at Lemans...
SOBwanhoser

Postby HRWJim » Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:02 pm

David I still have your car in great shape. If your serious, I'd be happy to do some horse trading. I fully understand about sellers remorse. Pm me and we can figure something out. Jim
HRWJim
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TsgtRet » Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:54 pm

Got mine today. Had a couple small problems out of the box; missing a mirror (comes with spares) and one of the braids wasn't making contact inside the guide housing. Fixed that, trued the wheels and PG tires, replaced the magnets with weight, "0 gripped" the front tires. More tuning to follow once I've run it a bit. This thing is sweet! :music-rockout:
TsgtRet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BIG E » Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:21 pm

Got to see a real Dekon Monza run during the Monterey Historics @ Laguna Seca in either 2003 or 2004. The one I saw was a bright red/orange with yellow numbers, don't remember if it was Bruce Canepa driving or some other very fortunate human. What an awesome sight when it's flyin' by right before your eyes, with that small block V8 wailin' through straight headers! The new slot car model looks very cool, another great job by the folks at Carrera.
Always liked racing my Aurora A/FX version, even though I'm a FORD guy! Thanks for the looks, Harry. -- Ernie :>)
BIG E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby goosenapper » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:01 am

I know I'm late to the party, but I only this morning read this review and watched the videos. The videos helped a lot in seeing the car from angles that static photos can't capture. What is really impressive is that unlike most crappy youtube videos, I can actually see the detail in what Harry is talking about. Great job setting up and lighting your shoot, Mr. Wise!

So after looking all of this over, I decided to order one. The chassis is the same as a Pantera, and I've been looking for something that would make a good running-mate for it. This Monza fits the bill.

Kudos to Carrera for securing the rights to use Holberts' name on the car. It's a little detail, but an important one for a Southeastern PA native like me. :)
goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:31 am

Thanks sir, appreciate the feedback. I'll strive to continue and improve.

It is a fine model and a fun car. I think you will be pleased.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Previous

Return to Product Reviews!