[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Carrera Classics - Cheetah & Cobra

Carrera Classics - Cheetah & Cobra

All the Latest & Greatest New Product Reviews!
Share Your Thoughts!

Carrera Classics - Cheetah & Cobra

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:11 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Carrera Classics - Cheetah & Cobra

Postby dge467 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:23 pm

Great review! They are a bunch of great looking cars. Mine should be showing up any day now!
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby Scatman1 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:02 pm

Carrera Slot Car Company of the year. Great value for the money.

Harry, you ever try tucking the back braid under the front braid? Works well for me.
Scatman1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:14 pm

I agree Tony.
No...but thanks for the tip sir!
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby ListerStormGT » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:55 pm

Great review Harry, I think Carrera did a great job on these cars. I hope to receive my Cheetah any day and I cant wait to try it out. I have said it many times before but you just cant beat the value of Carrera cars and a simple tire swap is mostly all they need for us wood guys.
ListerStormGT
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby R/TRandy » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:32 am

Nice review,
I also think Carrera did a great job on these cars.

I got the blue Cheetah yesterday and after looking at the five body mounting screws. I was thinking about only
using the rear one and the front two. Not sure if it would let the body float enough, but I think I will try it that way and see how it runs.

I know most of the guys here are analog racers, but for Carrera digital users these cars give us cars it would be difficult to have. Not only are they reasonably priced, but for us they are ready to run. No need to buy a chip and try to fit it in somewhere.
Randy
R/TRandy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ourwayband » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:58 am

Great Review Harry and some great cars!
Now get to racing those bad boys!

Rusty
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HRWJim » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:47 am

Great review Harry i may have to ask Santa for the Bill Thomas Cheetah. Jim
HRWJim
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Florida_Slotter » Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:07 pm

Harry,

As I've become accustomed to, reading your review has provided a very objective and non-biased review of the new classic cars from Carrera. I totally agree with your analysis of the 'slot cars of the year'. The Cheetah is one car that from the purely slot car side bring back so many memories of a very popular car released back in the 1960's.

I have place my order for one of the red Cheetahs and also the red Cobra. From the opportunity I had to run one of the Cheetahs around, I decided that would be obtaining one of them for myself. Of course, I just had to have one of the 289 Cobras to go with it as well.

During the evaluation period, I was running one of my Carrera Lola T-222s against the Cheetah. The cars are so close to one another in performence that it comes down to the talent of the driver. It just makes racing ALL of these cars against one another - as they should be - very fair. In my opinion Carrera hit a Home Run with the release of these cars for home racing! :clap:
Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Postby Cosmic Bilby » Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:44 pm

Ha! It's going to be a Carrera kind of Christmas I think!!!!

Great review H, I'm getting the white Cobra hartop, really looking forward to seeing these cars in the flesh:)
Cosmic Bilby
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:33 pm

Nice review, Boss! I may have to have a talk with Santa.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby HRWJim » Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:30 am

You should David....think of the repaint possibilities of the red Cobra at about 30 bucks. Jim
HRWJim
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby paul gage » Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:12 am

Great review Harry....received one of three parcels on Friday and couldn't resist making a few changes. CBDesign 15x7 Steelies, axles, slot.it 26 tooth crown, guide spring removed, PGT-21103 on rear and PGT-20104 on the fronts. Fly axle pins on the front. Had to pull out an old Carrera Corvette Sting Ray to keep her company until the Cheetahs arrive. Great job Carrera... how about a 250GTO and an E-Type to join the frey! Oh yes, one complaint to Carrera... fire the engineer who thought it was a good idea to make a seperate mold for the roof and have it molded into the trunk lid... doh!

paul gage
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:23 am

Thanks all for the feedback, good stuff.

Paul, that is a sweet looking conversion. Thanks for sharing that. My tuning options just increased!
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:43 pm

The Cheetah seems to be getting the bulk of the attention but I will go out on a limb to say the 289 Cobra is the larger ground breaker. True, the Cobra had been well represented in the past, but so has the Cheetah. Except for the Revell slot car of the 1960's the Cobras modeled have always been the more bulbous 427 version. It is the 289 car that filled the history books. My hat is off to Carrera for making both the Cheetah and the Cobra. But I especially appreciate that 289 Cobra.

Paul that LeMans car with the CB Design steelies is way cool.
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to Product Reviews!