[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Carrera Classics - Cheetah & Cobra

Carrera Classics - Cheetah & Cobra

All the Latest & Greatest New Product Reviews!
Share Your Thoughts!

Re: Carrera Classics - Cheetah & Cobra

Postby SuperSlab » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:00 pm

SuperSlab
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:10 pm

That is why I swap out to B-Nova. It isn't that expensive and it solves the issue.

Ems didn't seem to keen on that though.

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Ember » Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:18 pm

May finish up just reprofiling the guide. I have a tendancy to want to run the car with as much of its OEM equipment as possible. Tho having said that I'm not adverse to raising the front axles slightly if required or adding a sprung guide if necessary.

Don't get me wrong, the B-Nova option is good. I've used it to repair a guide mount on a Slot.it GT40. It just seems like overkill to me. There's a difference between tweaking a car for handling and re-engineering it. To me the B-Nova system is a major reengineering job.

Mind you, I'd do it for a proxy or for club running if the rules allowed, but for just punting around the track at home it's a last resort to fix something that simply don't work.

We each have our own way of doing things. And that's part of the beauty of it all. :)
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Location: South western corner of the south eastern bit of Downunder

Postby RazorJon » Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:48 pm

I got a Cheetah from Mrs. Santa and Its a blast, did the Opels race with the Cheetahs and Cobras in 1:1?
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby dreinecke » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:33 pm

dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Nutzaboutslotz1 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:40 pm

OK, so I read your reviews on the Cheetahs and Cobras. You got me pumped up with the pictures and reviews. I couldn't decide which Cheetah I wanted, so wouldn't ya know it, I ordered both in Digital 132. Should get them in a couple of days and after trying them out, I'll write a follow-up.. You did a real good job on the reviews. Since I only race Carrera cars I was difinitely interested. More later...
This is my follow-up- I'm not trying to repeat what Harry wrote but when you are reviewing the same car personal views and tastes overlap a lot. I did get the 2 Cheetahs in D132. I don't own a lot of cars and don't really plan to. I've got 2 Formula 1's, 1 Nascar and a Firebird. Wanted something a little smaller to try and see the difference. I look for 3 things in a car; Price, Quality and Details. Pricewise these cars are affordable, you need to shop around. Quality, durability is the key. The Carrera cars seem to be like an old Timex. They take a beating and keep on ticking. These little things cost a lot to many of us so we expect them to hold up in the long run. So far, my Carreras have and I'm sure these Cheetahs will too. I've run both cars over 300 laps so far. Fast? All the slot cars are fast, some a bit faster than others. On my black box there are 5 settings for speed. I could keep it set at max of 5 and go mach 1 but miss a corner and they fly into the next room. I set it on 4, race hard, watch cornering and have fun. My wife on the other hand, goes wild. She has already laid claim to the orange one. It's pretty much up to the person controlling the cars but they are matched within 1 second of each other. They both handle real well in acceleration, breaking, cornering and lane changing. The wide tires are nice. Put the Nascar nose to tail with 1 of the Cheetahs and the Cheetah was a hair wider.Details- headlights/tail lights, great paint, painted or chrome exhaust, nice wide tires, great looking wheels, very authentic looking and true to life as most all the Carreras are. I've got 4 pictures but couldn't figure out how to attach them. Which one to buy? I'm afraid you'll have to make the same choice as me, they're both worth it.
Last edited by Nutzaboutslotz1 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nutzaboutslotz1

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:22 pm

Thanks, I am pretty sure you will like them....but I sure would like to hear your findings. The more the better.

And welcome to HRW!
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby ElSecundo » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:53 am

ElSecundo
The Great One

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:27 am

Yes, good points and admit my guilt.

I am guilty of being a tinkerer. Parts that I would have sold my prized tutu for years ago, are now here. Most of them affordable. When I look at ways to solve issues like the guide being mounted too high into the chassis for me I try and use these readily available parts to solve it. In my very small mind, it isn't a major engineering modification.

To design and build my own would be, which I have had to do in the past. And I would rather eat salad for a week than to fabricate things that cost as much in material as a readily available, purposely designed part.

It's true this car runs fine the way it is. I would not have a slew of them stacked here if they were that bad. I just like to try and make them as smooth and enjoyable as possible.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby ElSecundo » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:48 am

ElSecundo
The Great One

Postby svanaken » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:12 pm

svanaken

Postby Nutzaboutslotz1 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:42 pm

Harry- Any advise on maintenance/lubrication on the front wheels on the Cheetah? What I've done so far is add a drop of Hob-E-Lube light oil to the openings of each brass caster. Also, I included my review on both Cheetahs in an edit from my first post. Wanted to include pics but wasn't computer savy enough. thanks, I'm enjoying them. :banana-rock:
Nutzaboutslotz1

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:10 pm

Yes, just a light drip between the wheel and bushing, sounds like you did just right sir.

Thanks much!
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby sidedraft » Fri May 17, 2013 10:11 am

I have to chime in here as I have the aluminum version of the D132 Cheetah, its mostly stock out of the box except for Paul Gauge tires & a good lube job.
It is almost one of the fastest cars on our digital large oval high bank track, often going head to head with some blow by you fast slot it, scalley & fly cars. Really impressed with this little car & having a blast with it, we are all new at this & getting back into slot cars now big time & are now chipping & buying other brands through Professor Motor. Great write up Harry on this line of Carrera cars. :clap: Learning all the time! Thanks Gary
sidedraft

Postby Florida_Slotter » Fri May 17, 2013 1:02 pm

Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Previous

Return to Product Reviews!