[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Scalextric Brabham BT26A/3

Scalextric Brabham BT26A/3

All the Latest & Greatest New Product Reviews!
Share Your Thoughts!

Scalextric Brabham BT26A/3

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:27 pm

Had a box from Cloverleaf Racing arrive with what I hoped would be a nice new addition to the Legend Series. Since coming back from Doc's visit, I really wanted to get another new car for this series as we had another great time with the other models.

I was happy with the finish and appearance. Nothing is ever perfect..but they came close enough for me.

What I was REALLY happy about is that it came apart very easily. Unlike the last newer models, which are almost impossible without causing damage.

Just removing the screws and pulling from the guide area down popped it loose.
Has the same slimcan motor as the ones before it. 9/27 gearing.
I installed the rear axle in my Tire Razor and set it on a low crawl to check it. Very straight and wheels have only a slight wobble. They sanded out nicely.

Scalextric has been making some nice offerings in this series, although I must admit my disappointment in the previous Tyrrell 003 and Lotus 72 for being extremely difficult to disassemble.

THIS model on the other hand is what I hoped for. Overall a nice release and look forward in tuning it up for the next race :)

Thanks Cloverleaf for great service too.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Scalextric Brabham BT26A/3

Postby TuscoTodd » Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:34 pm

That is GREAT to hear Harry!
I will have to look at picking one of those up!
Thank you for the heads up on the ease of dis-assembly! :D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby mikeinclover » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:01 pm

You are welcome Harry, I am the one who should say thanks.
Mike
mikeinclover
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:34 pm

...must resist, must re...aw nuts. Who am I kidding?

Where's my wallet...dang that Harry!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby chappy » Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:14 am

Have to admit , I have been collecting the Legends series, and found the same as you Harry.
I havent taken my BT26 apart yet, but sure am glad its not the chore the others were.
They are a nice looking car, perhaps not perfect for rivet counters but compared to the ones from way back they certainly are a big step up.
Nice pics of the teardown by the way.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:33 am

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby TuscoTodd » Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:17 pm

Dang! Looks like I missed out on the ones available at Cloverleaf - but going to have to look at picking one of those up! :)
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby mikeinclover » Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:00 pm

We will have more in stock on Thursday.
Mike
mikeinclover
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:20 am

Mike -
Thank you for the heads up! I will have to check back on Thursday! :D