[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Flyslot Brabham BT44 by Doc Reinecke

Flyslot Brabham BT44 by Doc Reinecke

All the Latest & Greatest New Product Reviews!
Share Your Thoughts!

Flyslot Brabham BT44 by Doc Reinecke

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun May 17, 2015 6:37 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Flyslot Brabham BT44 by Doc Reinecke

Postby chappy » Sun May 17, 2015 7:12 pm

Well done Doc.
I concur with all of your findings.
Mine runs very well with some slight weighting and urethane tires.
aside from very minor detail changes, I am quite satisfied with the representation.
I wouldnt hesitate to add to the lineup when the next livery comes along, Car 8 I beleive.
Thanks for the report and excellent pictures.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby TuscoTodd » Sun May 17, 2015 8:07 pm

GREAT review Doc!
I may have to look at dipping a toe in the Flyslot pool after reading that review!
Thanks for sharing! :D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun May 17, 2015 8:46 pm

These inline models are tons of fun if you just take some time with them. The ones I have here are tuned for milder action using the MT SL-1 and PG tires. A session on the Razor on the wheels and then tires create about the smoothest slot car you can ask for.

I wish I would have picked it up now :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Z-carfan » Sun May 17, 2015 10:24 pm

Dave, Read the review link that was on Facebook. Great review. What is the 'compound' you use for the gears? I have struggled with what to use to break them in.
Thanks
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Tue May 19, 2015 9:37 am

Sorry for the late reply - I've been out of commission for a few days.

I use the regular old Turtle Wax rubbing compound, but ScratchX will work as well.

Bob - I'll definately be getting that one as well!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby chappy » Fri May 22, 2015 9:15 pm

Funny thing Dave, I was just in the dungeon getting my 70s F1s ready for a Monday night meet.
I replaced the tires with urethanes and noted that mine did have the Goodyear markings on them.
Not sure what happened or why, but they were there as bold as ever.
Strange isn't it.
Bob C
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Return to Product Reviews!