new ho drag strip on long island

For All Scales Of Drag Racing!
Vintage to Modern

new ho drag strip on long island

Postby slotguy » Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:21 pm

Here at small torque speedway we are put up a new drag strip. The track is a max trax strip with a track mate timing system and a mg power supply. Track should be up and runing early next week. The track is located in valley stream n.y. . Anyone interested in racing at the track you can pm or email me at tonyslotcar@gmail.com for info
thanks
Tony
slotguy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: new ho drag strip on long island

Postby BIG E » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:32 pm

Spent a few hours last night with Tony @ Small Torque Speedway, and also with Darrell (hope I spelled it right), one of our best quarter mile drivers. The two of us blasted a bunch of different T-Jet based cars pass after pass, as Tony worked on the details with the new computer wiring and program. Paint and decorations are next for him as he completes yet another drag strip construction project for Long Island racers. It was cold as hell (how does that work, anyway?) outside last night (in the teens and windy), but it was worth the ride across the county. We had some really good side by side runs, and both of us had a few R.T.s in the low "double ohs".
The Maxx Drag Strip is nice and smooth, with 20 volts and 10 amps available for maximum horsepower. Tony's got it so he can set it up or break it down in 15 minutes or so, that way he can easily be set up for either the HO drag strip or the 1/24 oval (big Long Island Asphalt Modified Tour race this Saturday morning!).
Good fun on the first night out, looking forward to our weekly drag racing nights in the future. Thanks guys -- Ernie

PS -- Some of the runs were posted to Facebook last night, but I couldn't tell ya where to look :>) (I'm not a member).
BIG E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to Holeshot Alley!