[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - I'm feeling a little Gas-ey -Update 8-3 PAINT

I'm feeling a little Gas-ey -Update 8-3 PAINT

For All Scales Of Drag Racing!
Vintage to Modern

Re: I'm feeling a little Gas-ey -Video Update 7-29

Postby ecr » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:42 pm

Hey David
I ran my very first drag car a couple years ago at a commercial drag strip (now closed)
I built a 1/24 scale 40 willys coupe gasser style,tinted red windows and a shift light inside The car became air born about 1/2 track every pass.
It was hard to figure out what the heck, I was doing wrong.And crashed very hard.
Looking back on the situation I guess it only stands to reason the car took off air born. I loved the look but had to drop the car to get a good 1/4 mile time.
And had to stop smashing it to pieces.
Now the car just sits in my slotcar box tucked away (what a shame)
Thanks
ecr
ps I'll send you a pic David because my photobucket is full.
Last edited by ecr on Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
ecr
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ecr » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:17 am

I ran on a wood 4 lane oval last night at a buddys ,love wood, just so much smoother.
Plastic and mags are good fun too, and is also good running.
Gotta tell you about my son in law. He just got started into the slotcar hobbie and still
had not got his own track yet. He came and raced his cars and left the case of 18-20
cars in his truck for the night and lost all of them to a breakin. What a friggin shame !!
I think I should maybe list the cars and case in a forum somewhere on HRW incase
someone sees his collection somewhere. What do you think ??
ecr
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ecr » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:33 am

I know the good people on HRW would never do such a thing.
But we can keep a sharp eye out for the cars,that's for sure!!
A list of cars is being put together so I can put something on the forum.
ecr
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RazorJon » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:56 am

I have a 40 foot straight and my DS lap timer has a chronograh feature, that I have never used, if I can get it to work we could do a little drag proxy on my track, and do top FPS in 30 feet?

the bad side, if you dont slow for the turn its all concrete
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby ecr » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:29 am

Hey Shotgun
The other day I got handed a diecast 132 split window vet for my wreckers on
my track.
It was already gutted and stripped to bare metal. Do you want to use it
to make a mold??? How hard is it ??? Maybe I'll try !! Maybe not ! I'am so confused !!
MORE COFFEE
ECR
ecr
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Foamy » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:36 am

Foamy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: I'm feeling a little Gas-ey

Postby patwa » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:03 am

patwa
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby patwa » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:32 am

patwa
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BIG E » Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:31 pm

BIG E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: I'm feeling a little Gas-ey -Update 8-3 PAINT

Postby dreinecke » Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:33 pm

That really looks great. I love the old-school mags/tires on it too!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby patwa » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:25 am

Mate that thing is wild.
Great job so far.
Any tips on where to get some motors like that ?
New project came in partial state.
patwa
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dge467 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:08 pm

The color looks great, as dose the engine and headers!
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby ecr » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:12 pm

great motor detal any links to 132 scale motor parts ,headers,?
ecr
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby patwa » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:16 am

Thanks for the link on the motors and parts.
Cool site.
Will put that to good use.
Love the info sharing on this forum.
patwa
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ecr » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:20 pm

Ernie had mentioned old slotcar drag videos somewhere !
I looked and can't find them !
Anybody know where to find them within HRW ???
Thanks
ecr
ecr
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Previous

Return to Holeshot Alley!