[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Smoke'em

Smoke'em

For All Scales Of Drag Racing!
Vintage to Modern

Smoke'em

Postby smithspeedway » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:28 am

What can I put on foam or rubber tires so that they will actually smoke when doing a burnout?
smithspeedway
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Smoke'em

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:15 am

I saw some pictures done years ago with talcum powder laid out on the track in a thin line in front of the slicks. With the camera at a low angle, you couldn't see the obvious white line in front of the tires, and the bloom of "smoke" was gorgeous.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Florida_Slotter » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:35 am

Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Postby DAVE » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:25 pm

There is liquid smoke fluid for model trains. Try that.
DAVE
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BIG E » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:00 pm

As kids, we used to roll the back tires of our T-Jets across the dusty top of the oil burner (furnace), and the same puff would result on every wheel spinning start! When silicones came along, we'd put a drop of aj's TNT (the real dark green stuff) on each lane, and then punch it to see who could leave the longest (but smokeless) burnout. I like the talc idea, I wonder if we could color it a little darker with makeup powder or something similar.

All fun just the same! Enjoy... Ernie
BIG E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Wolseley Hornet » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:45 am

Wolseley Hornet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby smithspeedway » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:57 am

Well, you could get the powder when you're buying your nail polish for the front tires, and the emory boards for the electric contacts.
smithspeedway
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BIG E » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:24 am

That's right, fellas, buy it in Wally World (Wal-Mart) or some other place where the check out personnel could care less WHAT you're buying as they drone through their work day (no offense to any W-M employees, but here in NY it's just ridiculous the lack of interest by most store employees).
Personally, I prefer the local CVS or pharmacy when I'm buying my "slot essentials" like nail file boards, clear nail polish, and cuticle scissors (for cutting lexan stuff). At least I can have a laugh with the checkout counter person when they see a guy buying this stuff!

Enjoy your shopping sprees, guys... Ernie
BIG E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Wolseley Hornet » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:40 am

Yeah, just don't tell them you're into drag racing!

Mind you, I guess in metropolitan New York they wouldn't bat an eyelid if you did! :)

David.
Wolseley Hornet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BIG E » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:53 pm

Whenever I mention what I'm buyin' this stuff for, they look at me like I'm from Mars!
I'm NOT, no matter what you've all heard. I'm from Saturn - no wait, that's the SUV in the driveway - yeah, that's it!

Ughhh!-- Let's get back to RACIN' !! -- Ernie
BIG E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Czar » Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:47 pm

Make-up powder! Make-up powder!

My dear chap, some of us round here struggle to venture into the sewing department to buy scissors for cutting out decals!

How on Earth are we going to get make-up powder? :shock:

I think Harley-Davidson is coming out with a complete line of make-up for men soon.
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:07 pm

Harley has been kinda like that for years, I think.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Return to Holeshot Alley!