[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Eldon Top Eliminator drag strip Dragsters

Eldon Top Eliminator drag strip Dragsters

For All Scales Of Drag Racing!
Vintage to Modern

Eldon Top Eliminator drag strip Dragsters

Postby ourwayband » Sat May 11, 2013 6:58 am

Thought I would show off my new dragsters.I've been wanting these cars for years,but just couldn't justify the price most were bringing.With a little clean up,knocking the dust off,these are some Cool cars.Some of Eldon's best work in my eyes.I never realized how large they are.Sold as 1/24 scale,the cars dwarf Eldon's 1/32 scale.Now to put on some new braids and maybe a little weight in the rear .Yes I run my stuff!!
Now where did I put that drag strip?? :twisted:
Rusty

ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Eldon Top Eliminator drag strip Dragsters

Postby DHansen » Sat May 11, 2013 8:33 am

Nice looking pair of Eldon dragsters. I've been trying to find a pair of them for years all so. So far no luck and I don't have any place to run them anyway. And now days I have to be fairly selective on what I spend my limited slot car budget on. It don't go as far as it use to. But I'm still looking anyway. Thanks for sharring.
DHansen
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dge467 » Sat May 11, 2013 11:48 am

Those are seriously cool Rusty! 8-)
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby BRP32 » Sat May 11, 2013 2:23 pm

Good looking pair there Rusty!!!!

What ever happened to Wood32 on the boards here?

He was big into these Eldon front engine dragsters and converting diecasts to run on a drag strip.

I think he was casting the Eldon dragsters if memory serves me right but I may be wrong?

I haven't seen any of his posts or works in awhile......

Way cool what you have there!

Too bad they still don't make them.

Take care,

Wayne (Bolton's Speed Shop) :D :D :D
BRP32
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Jesla » Sat May 11, 2013 2:41 pm

Jesla
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ourwayband » Sat May 11, 2013 3:07 pm

Thanks guys!!!!!!!
Tiny Motors does do pieces and parts,but it has been a while since he sold the whole kits..
I believe Wood is fighting the big C again.Maybe he'll let us know how he is doing!
These dragsters are fun....Too bad someone didn't save the molds for them.

Rusty
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BRP32 » Sat May 11, 2013 3:50 pm

Hi Rusty,

I'm sorry to hear about Wood.

I thought he had mentioned in the past that he was dealing with that......

God bless him and I hope all is well with him.

He is a great contributor to this board....

Wayne (Bolton's Speed Shop) :D :D :D
BRP32
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BIG E » Wed May 15, 2013 1:09 pm

Rusty -- Nice score! Congrats! The last I saw any Eldon Dragsters for sale around this area (N.East USA) was at our 2012 Super Bowl Slot Car Show. One of my fellow vendors had a complete set in very nice condition (with price tag to match!), I don't think he found a buyer that day.
Looks like you've got more than a few classic Eldon 'hot rods' in the background there, so you won't be at any loss for fun!
Enjoy the Dragsters, and be careful with those DC voltage 'nitro shots'! Preserve those vintage 'mills'!

Thanks for sharing your good fortune with all of us... Have fun! -- Ernie

PS - Thanks for the update on Wood, I hope he will return stronger than ever.
Nice tip on the Tiny Motors site, also.
BIG E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ourwayband » Thu May 16, 2013 5:18 pm

Thanks Ernie!We hope these nitro shots last forever!They may well do it,seeing how they are almost 50 years old now.

Bibbster,I wish they were a yard sale find.No such luck here,but they are fun!
And yes I do remember those hot wheels sets..Tons of fun there tooooooooo..

Rusty
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby oldstromguy » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:24 pm

Those are awesome!
I'm like you, Rusty. I race all of my vintage stuff as well.
oldstromguy

Return to Holeshot Alley!