NOT MANY 'HOLESHOTS' LATELY...

For All Scales Of Drag Racing!
Vintage to Modern

NOT MANY 'HOLESHOTS' LATELY...

Postby BIG E » Fri May 10, 2013 11:58 am

Can't believe nothing's been posted here since February! Now, we're loosing (temporarily, I hope) Small Torque Motor Speedway's HO drag strip here on Long Island. It's the usual thing... the rents are a killer around here! I hope Tony can set the 'strip up at the house again, I was finally getting the hang of the 'tree', besides really having a blast every Monday night, win or lose. We've got a good group of racers here, and I'd miss the weekly 'trash talk' we throw back and forth at each other, too!
Anybody out there doing any straight line runs on a regular basis, especially HO?

*****Thanks again to Tony for giving us a fun place to race while he could.*****

See ya at the finish line... Ernie
BIG E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: NOT MANY 'HOLESHOTS' LATELY...

Postby ourwayband » Sat May 11, 2013 7:03 am

Sorry to hear about the loss on the drag strip Ernie.I also agree not many post here on running straight lines either.Hopefully we can get some interest going again.I enjoy drag racing and we are in the process of trying to get some others into it also.We just sold our Skeeball machine and plan on setting the 1/32-1/24 strip back up..

Rusty
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: NOT MANY 'HOLESHOTS' LATELY...

Postby oldstromguy » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:21 pm

Maybe it's just the usual summer slow down?

I'm still having fun "racing" against my grandson on my HO, 1/43, and 1/32 strips.
The racing is in quotes because he's only 3 1/2. While he does understand that he's supposed to wait for the green light, he thinks it's funnier to go whenever he wants. :-)
oldstromguy

Return to Holeshot Alley!