track wiring

For All Scales Of Drag Racing!
Vintage to Modern

track wiring

Postby Dennis Laff » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:55 am

Hi Everyone I'm building a 1/64 MaxTraxx dragstrip can anyone tell me how to wire the dynamic brake section after the finish line each lane has a positive and a negative wire Thanks Dennis
Dennis Laff

Re: track wiring

Postby FC47 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:00 am

Sounds good Dennis, it will be a lot of fun.
Pretty sure our track after the braid gap after the finish line, the runout ‘rails’ are shorted together/ connected to each other, that would brake them for you..
No ’power wire’ connections out that end....dead track shorted rails
FC47
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RichD » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:34 pm

In order to have automatic brakes in the run out part of a drag strip the rails in that section must be electrically isolated from the powered rails. The two rails for each lane are then simply connected together to have full dynamic braking. In the case of a MaxTrax steel keys align the sections and also make the electrical connections between the sections. You would need to leave out the steel keys in the joint just past the finish line. If you were worried about the sections being aligned you could use keys made of any non-conductive material.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dennis Laff » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:40 pm

Thanks for the info guys ,It was the wires I was worried about they left a gap at the finish line between finish and the shutdown area Dennis
Dennis Laff

Postby Dennis Laff » Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:43 pm

Is it better to use a mometary button for Ho drag strip racing over a regular controller ? thanks Dennis
Dennis Laff

Postby RichD » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:19 am

I have never done any HO drag racing, I would guess that with some cars you would not want to apply full power when the green light came on , in that case you would need to use a controller VS a simple push button.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to Holeshot Alley!