[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - A few of my builds

A few of my builds

For All Scales Of Drag Racing!
Vintage to Modern

A few of my builds

Postby super2nr » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:49 pm

super2nr

Re: A few of my builds

Postby dge467 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:45 pm

Those look great!!!
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:02 pm

Outstanding work. You are right about the modeling. I have never been a drag racer, but I always admired the modeling aspect.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby slothead » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:15 pm

I found some track info online and am curious how the actual racing works. Is it all about reaction time and being quick off the line without red lighting, or it there any driving involved as the cars head down the track? By that I mean is it full power (volts?) from the start line or do drivers have to use caution accelerating so as not to loose traction?

I've done a lot of slot car racing, but never drag racing except for fun on a straightaway of a big commercial track - "ready, set, go" and then see who gets to the first turn the quickest. I've always thought actual scale drag racing should include shifting were the gear your in determines the maximum amount of speed (volts) available to your car. 1st gear = 6 volts, 2nd = 9 volts, and so on. Also, the track is in sections with each section only receiving power when the car is in the matching gear. Start section only gets power when the car is in 1st gear. At the end of the first section you have to shift to 2nd gear to have power in the second section, and so on. If you shift early or late your car will be coasting till the section and gear match. How? Each driver's station has a Hurst style shifter for changing gears as well as a controller (hand or foot pedal) hookup.

Slothead
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby TuscoTodd » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:32 pm

Some sweet looking builds!!!
:text-bravo:
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby arroldn » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:41 pm

arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby historiceng » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:29 pm

They are all great cars but "Fugly" is soo Cool.

Thank you for posting
historiceng
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby slothead » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:30 pm

Yeah, not suggesting shifting needs to be part of slot car drag racing, just thinking about ways it could be more realistic. Simplicity generally wins out, but you can't stop a thinker from thinking. I've gotten a lot of hairy eyeball looks from guys over the years when I came up with an idea that just seemed to complicate something. I was doing a research internship at Stanford when the physicist I worked for told me about this odd project going on at Xerox labs creating something called a mouse. Very complicated integration of software and hardware which I'm sure many people would have said was unnecessary given all you could do by just typing in computer commands.

Same thing must have happened with digital control for model railroads and more recently slot cars. And imagine what they said to the idiot who thought up the automatic transmission.
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby Fathead59 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:32 pm

Well, with what I have seen on u tube most of it is heads up, maybe they do have bracket racing with best e.t. , as in how fast you and car react at the starting line, just you and your car , and go from there , like a qualifying run, then match everyone up at that time, but I am not sure, all I do know is I have a few cars that I am building at this time, and just got a few more, so it looks like I have a lot of work ahead of me with the amount of cars that need building.
Fathead59
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Fathead59 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:34 pm

I will say this much, the '57 is a very nice car
Fathead59
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby super2nr » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:19 pm

super2nr

Postby Double Naught » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:42 pm

Very nice cars, thanks for the eye candy. I like the quality paint jobs. I just built a prototype 1/8 mile for 1/32( my garage is too small to go any larger). But may have a chance to go bigger at GETCARS in Edmonton Canada.
You said you are enjoying the 1000ft racing, it does look cool. What voltage and speeds are you going?
Thanks for posting, love to see more if you have any.

Paul
Double Naught

Postby tin_indians » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:45 am

Love that '57 gasser.
tin_indians
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Fathead59 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:37 pm

At least I can say that I am not the only one that has a lot of projects that need to be finished, I just don't know which ones I should do first, 1/32 or 1/24 1/25 scale, choices choices
Fathead59
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Fathead59 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:26 pm

I started out doing two tribute cars for a friend, models he had that he was going to build, both him and his dad had the cars that they did drags with, I am just going to build the cars like those, same colors, one had a vinyl top , now I am not going to try and put a vinyl top on it just the same color paint, he also gave me a bunch of his old models that I will be doing in colors that if I owned the car, will be using a few different chassis, first two will have an edge chassis, still looking at getting a different type for the next ones, any suggestions would be a big help
Fathead59
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to Holeshot Alley!