[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Pro Track Dragster tires question

Pro Track Dragster tires question

For All Scales Of Drag Racing!
Vintage to Modern

Pro Track Dragster tires question

Postby qball41 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:56 am

While not a drag racer, I purchased a set of Pro Track Dragster wheels/tires for a custom build. The front wheels use a 1/16th inch axle, and after receiving them, I see there is no set screw to lock the wheel to the axle. So two questions:

1) what do you use for a 1/16th axle? I haven't seen any listed online for sale.

2) How do you fasten the front tires to the axle so they aren't falling off?

Thanks for your help!
qball41

Re: Pro Track Dragster tires question

Postby gascarnut » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:17 am

1) Use a suitable length of .062" K&S piano wire. the axle should be soldered to the frame and does not rotate.

2) Use .062" wheel retainers, available from most commercial raceways and their web stores. Alternatively, cut 4 short lengths of K&S 3/32" OD brass tube, about 1/8" long. Solder one onto the axle on the inside of each wheel and one on the outside. Make sure to clean all the residual acid flux quickly by washing the chassis under running water, then dry and oil the wheels.
gascarnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby qball41 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:44 am

Thanks! That was what I thought, bit wasn't sure.
qball41

Postby SlotCarCorner » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:04 am

SlotCarCorner
SCC Mechanic

Postby Fitzy » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:19 pm

How do you use those Spring Retainers?
Fitzy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby nhdungeonracer » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:11 pm

I'm only guessing cuz I haven't use those spring retainers....yet...

If they are anything like the pesky springs on front motored cars, you simply twist in the direction so that they'll loosen their "grip" on the axle and twist them on.

For sure I'm going to be getting me some of these soon. Sure beats trying to be finicky and soldering those 1/8" long spacers on to hold the wheel..... :D
nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Postby super2nr » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:14 pm

super2nr

Postby Fathead59 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:47 am

Planning on building a couple of 1/24 scale dragsters , was only planning on building two from two models that in the beginning, were going to be shelf queens, cars that I wish I could own if I had the money, but alass I will not see that come true( different story all together and this form is for slot cars, not tales of woe, and back to drag slot cars ) and I also came into having a few more 1/24 scale models that I got from a friend and want to do the same with. Hope to have pictures of them when I am done. Other than the Edge drag frame, can any one tell of any other pre-made drag chassis for 1/24 scale. I have seen the ones that come in a kit that you will have to put together. And that would be a little bit bigger of a project that I want to take at this time.
Fathead59
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Fathead59 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:44 pm

I do like the idea of the pins, you can go to any dept. store and get at least a dozen of them in any changing room, as long as the women stop screaming after you tell them just why you are in there in the first place
Fathead59
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to Holeshot Alley!