[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Anyone modify a 1/32 car for drag racing?

Anyone modify a 1/32 car for drag racing?

For All Scales Of Drag Racing!
Vintage to Modern

Anyone modify a 1/32 car for drag racing?

Postby Andy in Pa » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:02 pm

My son and I have been playing around with a Carrera GTO as a drag race car. I put the tallest gear I could find in it, and modded the axle carrier so it would fit. It currently has a Rush 39K rpm motor in it, and is quite fast at the local drag strip. I am switching to an H&K 50K rpm motor to see how much it will take. It has CB Design rear wheels with home made inserts, and a set of PG XPG tires, the largest I can find. It seems to have enough front end weight that it doesn't lift the fronts, but it does get light. Body is lowered down over the chassis as low as possible in the front with minor trimming of the cockpit. I don't have any pictures, but I'll get some after this next round of mods and post them up. Juts curious if anyone else has done this...

Its just for play, but has been a fun project for my son and I to tackle over the winter.
Andy in Pa

Re: Anyone modify a 1/32 car for drag racing?

Postby nhdungeonracer » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:20 pm

Welcome to the Drag racing scene Andy... :auto-driving:

We do a bit of drag racing here in NH. And we do run a 1/32 scale class. Here's a few of mine...

A Scaley Bug with brass chassis (still to letter it up and get the glass back in it....

A couple model kits mounted on a the later MRRC style chassis...

The 3 above all use a drop arm on the guide to allow for carrying the front wheels off the line. Really cool to watch! :auto-layrubber:

This model is mounted on an older Carrera GTO chassis (front motored). It's due for an upgraded chassis...

As for taller tires, if you're ok with running urethane tires, shoot me a PM 8-)
nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Postby TuscoTodd » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:31 pm

TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Lou E » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:00 pm

Anyone make 1:32 drag wheels like the 1:24 Pro-track ones?
Lou E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Andy in Pa » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:17 am

Thanks for the welcomes gents. I liked the idea of the GTO because of the length to hopefully keep the front end down, but we'll see what happens now. I don't know how I would adapt a drop spindle type pickup to that, but I am sure i can build something if needed. I am close to Mainline Hobbies, and they have a drag race track. Its all grudge racing with nothing organized, but my son and I both enjoy it. Being 11, he cuts some amazing reaction times too. Nice cars DungeonRacer!! I bought a Carrera 57 Chevy (the pretty red stock looking one) to see if I could set it up for drag racing, but I think I have to go to a Shapeways chassis or something. No easy way to narrow the Carrera chassis and still maintain strength. Love yoour 56 Chevy!!! What body is on that GTO chassis? Is that a slot car body or a 1/32 model body? I forgot I also have a 1/32 57 Chevy model body to play with too.
Andy in Pa

Postby nhdungeonracer » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:19 pm

nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Postby rbianchi » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:42 pm

Looks like that V8 is helping that little ole electric motor :lol:
rbianchi

Postby Jesla » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:23 am

Does look rather like over-kill on that starter motor doesn't it?....
Jesla
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Lou E » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:22 am

Lou E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Lou E » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:32 am

Lou E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:31 pm

While not nearly as fancy as their 1/24 scale wheels, the .790" diameter rear Pro-Track Daytona wheels (Part # 256) mated with the skinny .750" - 3/16 wide O-ring fronts (part #177) make for a nice looking combo that is scale appropriate being equivalent to a 25.28" tall rear tire and a 24" tall front.
:D

TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby nhdungeonracer » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:17 pm

nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Postby Dogsbody » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:07 pm

I put a Ninco Pajero chassis (has a drop arm) under a Monogram Gran Sport Vette. Put in a torquey long car with some sillies and yes, it'd wheelie. I should've kept it.
Dogsbody
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Lou E » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:03 pm

Lou E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Andy in Pa » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:04 am

Andy in Pa

Next

Return to Holeshot Alley!