[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - New build in the works! '40 Willys gasser!

New build in the works! '40 Willys gasser!

For All Scales Of Drag Racing!
Vintage to Modern

Re: New build in the works! '40 Willys gasser!

Postby TuscoTodd » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:45 pm

Made some headway on the Willys!
Pin locations for the body mounts done - setting the stance...

So with the body mods for the mounts complete - it was off to the paint booth for a nice liberal layering in Duplicolor Retro Red Metal Specks paint!
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby nhdungeonracer » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:13 pm

Looking real good there Todd :D
I like the looks of the front wheels. What brand are those?
nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Postby TuscoTodd » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:08 am

Thank you sir!
The front wheels you see on the chassis right now are "WRP Halibrand Drag Racing Front Wheels" that I picked up on my last order from Slot Car Corner: https://www.slotcarcorner.com/1-24-Slot ... p2890.html
(and then added thicker cross section o-rings to)

As sharp as those are, they aren't the wheels I plan to have on the finished build though...
With the kit wheels being set up for 1/16 axles, and the OD making for a nice snug fit inside the hub of a Pro-Track foam - I am using the plastic wheels from the kit for the front runners and the trimmed down rears as inserts out back.
(if the fronts prove unreliable though - they will be getting upgraded to the wheels you see on it now)
Here is a shot of the kit fronts with o-rings installed / rears acting as inserts:

TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby TuscoTodd » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:05 pm

Couple more update shots.... :)

TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Fathead59 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:34 pm

Very nice looking car
Fathead59
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Fathead59 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:42 pm

Planning on building a few dragsters my self , two that were a friends, they are the same cars him and his dad would take to car show and drag races, he also gave me about 10 to 12 other 1/25 scale cars that I am going to also build the way I would see them. Have two Edge Chassis, two from , I think the web site was DRS , two of their chassis. Still thinking about gearing even though it is reaction time with the tree.
Fathead59
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Tycosaur » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:06 pm

Nice color choice.
Tycosaur
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Fathead59 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:58 pm

Just wondering if anyone has thought of a way for the car to do a wheelie with a drop down arm for the guide flag ? Just a question, I am thinking about toying with the idea myself with one of the dragsters I am planing on building. I mean they have wheelie bars to keep them from going to far but I do remember a wheelie stander, the Little Red Wagon back in the day . Just a thought.
Fathead59
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:19 pm

TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Fathead59 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:32 pm

Thanks for the info Todd, it was just a thought in my head for the type of build I had in mind, planning on building a few dragsters myself, two as replicas of a friend, ones that him and his dad drove, and he gave a few other 1/24 scale models, plan on doing those any way I want, two will have Edge drag chassis, and two will have chassis from JDS, Annihilator , just need to start building.
Fathead59
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Fathead59 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:41 am

I am building a few dragsters with a couple of JDS Annihilator chassis, my question is , is it hard to solder brass tubing to the spring steel, or should you solder the same type of material together. Just asking, would hate to have it all together and then have it all fall apart on the first pass down the strip. And if my chassis idea works I will be posting it on the web site.
Fathead59
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BIG E » Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:54 pm

Should be no problem. As far as I know the body mount pin tubes are still brass soldered to the spring steel chassis on the wild "wingie thingie" USRA type racers. Just be sure, as usual, to have clean metal, a good hot 45W iron and some premium solder and flux.

Good luck, the red Willys is a true "model racing car." Excellent work, and... Enjoy! -- Ernie :>)
BIG E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:03 pm

TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby BARC 1 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:58 pm

A real intersting build you got going there
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Fathead59 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:52 pm

Thanks for the update Todd, can't wait to see the finished product with your Gasser
Fathead59
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Previous

Return to Holeshot Alley!