50 YEARS RACING and STILL INTO THE AURORA STUFF...

For All Scales Of Drag Racing!
Vintage to Modern

50 YEARS RACING and STILL INTO THE AURORA STUFF...

Postby BIG E » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:18 pm

Stepped into my sixth decade of life this week, and celebrated last night with a bunch of my slot car racing buddies at SMALL TORQUE MOTOR SPEEDWAY here on Long Island. After four hours or so, I realized I hadn't even opened the 1/24 oval car box all night! (And never did - sorry, Harry!)
Spent just about the whole evening sending Aurora "pancake motor" cars down the Maxx HO drag strip. Most runs were between 1-2 seconds. Everything from small tire 'super stockers' to cars with A/FX and aftermarket parts. Some with wheelie bars, some without, but none with traction magnets. Well... yeah, we DID make a couple of passes with a pair of new AW Funny Cars. They of course ran much better with a set of silicone rear slicks and 20 volts zippin' through the track rails!
It's amazing how much fun the addition of a proper "tree" and timing system can be versus just a 'flip the power switch on' match race. Even when you're simply running time trails for kicks. We all had a blast, whether it was on the 1/24 'Martinsville' style oval, the HO superspeedway Maxx oval, or on the 'strip. Thanks to Tony for providing the use of the raceway (and the pizza!).

Wishing you all lots of "win lights" in 2013 !! Enjoy... Ernie

01/07/13 -- P.S. -- Uhh, yeah, it's happenin' already... I turned sixty, so that would be my SEVENTH decade I'm stepping into. Either that, or the rumors that I was born with a controller in my hand are true! *** Harry, help me please!***
Last edited by BIG E on Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BIG E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: 50 YEARS RACING and STILL INTO THE AURORA STUFF...

Postby BIG E » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:45 pm

Thank you much,man. HAPPY NEW YEAR !! -- Ernie
BIG E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to Holeshot Alley!