[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Auto World drag strip at the Holler

Auto World drag strip at the Holler

For All Scales Of Drag Racing!
Vintage to Modern

Auto World drag strip at the Holler

Postby ourwayband » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:28 pm

Any of you guys still running these? I've had them,sold / Traded them,etc.
Got the itch again to do a little drag racing.Bought a "like new" set off of the bay.
Well it needed some work,but have it up and running now..
Had to raise the rails on a few pieces,mainly the start and finish gates.
Simple layout for now with a foam catch box.
To quote my Hot Wheels racing buddy off of the net,
Still fast and still Fun! :auto-driving:

Rusty h
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Auto World drag strip at the Holler

Postby HRWJim » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:25 am

Yep I've got one may need to set it up again. JIm
HRWJim
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby DixonJohn » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:43 am

Still have my set. Never set it up. Guess I should some day
DixonJohn
"The Mayor"

Postby Z-carfan » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:49 am

I still have one also. I just packed it up as I'm doing some work on the basement. Hope it's out again by fall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BIG E » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:05 pm

I was supposed to be doing one of my three major summer model/slot car promotions this Sunday at the annual vintage drag and street car show here. Unfortunately, the new owner of the auxiliary parking lot which is used for all of the street driven cars decided (two weeks before the event) that he wanted a minimum $500,000 liability policy in place for the day! Needless to say, that killed the event, and now we won't be selling the T-shirts or collecting the donations to raise money for The Wounded Warrior Project as is done each year. Not to mention disappointing all those families who use the slot car drag strip and enjoy the real race cars at the show each year. I'm trying to work something out at another large event next month, but it just won't be the same. Seeing and hearing vintage fuel cars firing up one at a time up close is a unique event in itself, which usually doesn't happen unless you're in the pits at a drag strip. Our model car club, the local commercial slot car tracks, and the three big model/slot car shows all got a great shot in the arm from this event every summer. I hope something can be worked out for next year. And I really had worked updating the fleet of drag cars for this year, too! Enjoy the summer -- Ernie :>)
BIG E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ourwayband » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:16 pm

Sorry to hear that Ernie.From your post we've seen how hard you worked at this.Hopefully you will be able to continue at another event.From what I've seen the insurance deal is costing many vintage Drag racing fun events..If you get a chance show us your Fleet of dragsters..
hang in there
Rusty h
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:21 pm

It is a neat set. I've given/sold most of my cars but the set went to some little ones who like it a lot.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby BIG E » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:50 am

BIG E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dge467 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:02 pm

Cool Rusty! I have mine put away for now.
dge467
The King of Foil

Return to Holeshot Alley!