[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - oh great a newbie with questions...

oh great a newbie with questions...

For All Scales Of Drag Racing!
Vintage to Modern

oh great a newbie with questions...

Postby koakahuna » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:52 pm

Aloha and thanks for allowing me in the group. Yes I have questions, sorry. OK I'm a drag racing nut and I recently purchased the auto world drag strip and return loop. My first question is can I use other manufacturers cars, if so which ones. 2nd question is what is meant by HO scale?? 3rd question is can I buy upgrade parts and where do I buy them?? OK last question, what's the best way to clean my track?? And can I add more power to the track itself and what do I need to buy?? I'm sorry but I figured if I get those out now, I will stay busy and not ask a such and be a pain...lol...thank you guys for your time and answers in advance. I sure appreciate it.
koakahuna

Re: oh great a newbie with questions...

Postby Gameover » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:56 pm

Sorry I know nothing about HO but plenty do and will answer shortly. Welcome to the best slot car forum on the net! You will soon be blessed with more then enough answers :).
Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Postby Aloha » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:20 pm

Koakahuna
Please post me a PM with your details and I will try to answer your questions and specifically what works here in Hawaii.
Aloha
Dale
:)
Aloha
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby OldDogMotorsports » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:27 pm

OldDogMotorsports
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:26 am

btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby btaylor » Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:19 am

btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:35 pm

Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:45 pm

You pretty much answered your own question I think.

"But all said and done, Pancake Arms run best at 18v-20v unless you are going all out with a custom track, that should require two 1:1 Car batteries @ 24v to provide enough amps"

You went from 18-20 to 24 volts. that says variable power supply to me.
Just my opinion of course, but there a quite a few high amp variable power supplies that will go to thirty volts, and they are pretty reasonable price wise.

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:29 pm

Bob, I was referring to Why you said "4 gears cars need way more voltage than say a T-Jet" ?
As for talking about Voltages, I meant if you went to unlimited class Drag Racing, with a custom Drag Strip by Wizzard or Maxx Traxx. Those really fast pancake cars are now hitting ET's of like .35 sec with 21' Trap speeds of 60-70mph !
But getting back to my original question to you, all Auto World Pancake Arms are wound to the same specs, even though they carry different part #'s for the T-Jets, X-Traction and 4 Gear arms.
Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ecbill » Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:09 pm

Ecbill
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to Holeshot Alley!