[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Any interest in proxy HO drag race on this site?

Any interest in proxy HO drag race on this site?

For All Scales Of Drag Racing!
Vintage to Modern

Re: Any interest in proxy HO drag race on this site?

Postby fisherman » Mon May 04, 2015 1:47 pm

:dance: How Long is the Track (1/4 or 1/8 ) Were is the Track...Is the Ho cars Hop-Up or Stock... :scared-eek:
fisherman

Postby sweet » Tue May 05, 2015 8:21 am

Copied from SCI for more exposure:

Being new to this hobby, I sometimes find it very confusing and somewhat technical. I don't know anything about volts, ohms, balancing or winding armatures, magnets of any color, this gear, that gear etc. I don't know the difference between a $99 controller and a $350 controller. When I go to Nitro Slots and read what you guys are doing, it's very impressive. BUT! I don't think the "average" HO enthusiast wants to spend that much time and or money (or even has the technical ability). I've raced, as a newcomer using borrowed equipment, with several different organizations. I had a GREAT time with all....I think that this hobby has become so technical and expensive, that just a core group of people will persist. The "newcomer" doesn't stand a chance in hell of becoming competitive.

With that said, Dave, if you were to sponsor a race that ONLY used a stock motor and chassis, no mods, except body mounts, and tire combo, you MIGHT get people to participate. I, for one, would get a kick out of seeing what my STOCK Tyco and Meg G cars would do on a track such as yours, and against other Tyco and Mega G cars.

My favorite car, stock Tyco 440x2, lowered body......Total cost $15

Second favorite...Total cost: One Mega G (from set), and .83 for body.
sweet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby sweet » Tue May 05, 2015 8:56 am

sweet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby sweet » Tue May 05, 2015 3:38 pm

What I've always liked about drag racing: Someone can show up with the UGLIEST car on the planet...and still race!
sweet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby charley » Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:20 pm

Count me in. I have about 25 of the AutoWorld 4gear chassis with stock motors. Just changed the bodies and rear tires. I can run from Top Fuel to Street.
Just let me know. Pictures available if needed.

Charley
charley

Postby JRP1989 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:51 pm

Last edited by JRP1989 on Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
JRP1989

Postby sweet » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:55 pm

It is an older thread. But if we can get some interest in "STOCK" cars, who knows.....
sweet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby charley » Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:33 pm

You mention there is a race planed in December. Where is it? Is it a "proxy" race? What cars are allowed??

Charley
charley

Return to Holeshot Alley!