[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - canstopnows oval is now in the Garage, Pics Posted

canstopnows oval is now in the Garage, Pics Posted

Your home for scale slot car oval racing!

Re: canstopnows oval is alive

Postby cantstopnow » Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:26 pm

Got on the wiring today. Will have to pick up more stuff tomorrow. Also added a facia panel to the front of the track to clean it up. Phidget board showed up so time to start on timing sytem.
20151003_214744.jpg
20151003_214823.jpg
The new facia panel.
20151003_214849.jpg

Post more as it gets done, John W.
cantstopnow
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pastor bubba » Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:32 am

Looks great and easy to fix if needed later on.
pastor bubba
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:13 am

Yes sir, looking mighty fine.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby dreinecke » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:38 pm

John - glad things are really working out with School, the cars and the track! Great to have you back Sir!!!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby cantstopnow » Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:02 am

Thanks guys. School is going well, learning alot. Did get some time to work on the track. The track is truly alive as I ran my first laps on it this evening.
20151031_202252.jpg
20151031_202243.jpg
WOO HOO!! :music-rockout: :music-rockout: . Three of the four lines are wired. I will install the reverse and brake shut offs later. Really wanted to run laps!! Need to pick up a roll of wire in the morning, have a couple friends coming over to break the track in :dance: :dance:. Going to start on my timing system. I have most of the stuff, just not sure how I want to trigger it yet. I also want to bank the curves a bit. Will keep you updated as work gets done.

John W.
cantstopnow
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:07 am

Dont know how I missed this till now.
Great looking set up and build John.
The facia board is really impressive.
looks like an exotic wood.
Let the fun begin.
Kudos
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby TuscoTodd » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:20 am

Looking great sir!
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby cantstopnow » Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:40 pm

I got the fourth lane wired up this morning so it's running on all four lanes. The facia panel is pergo flooring I had leftover from a job years ago. I may wrap the table with it. Friends coming one to run it in soon.
cantstopnow
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:16 pm

Excellent news! How are the car builds coming along?
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby cantstopnow » Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:42 am

Thanks fog the nice comments guys :music-rockout: . Dave, check out my short track car thread in the 1/32 section.

Thanks, John W.
cantstopnow
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby cantstopnow » Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:25 am

Hey Guys, Just waiting for my I.r. emitter/receivers to show up and then I can get to timing laps. One last change I would like to make before that or scenery is to widen the table to 5'. I want to run straight R3 & R4 turns. That would make for smoother/ faster laps and a bit more scenery room.

Since I still am a college student (and will be for another year or so) I don't have the fiscal backing for the track. So I posted a trade in the trade section. Please check it out if you have any extra R4 curves.

I have been getting laps in and enjoying what I have now.

John W
cantstopnow
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby cantstopnow » Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:10 pm

So I Changed my mind and just go with what I have, It is running. So I removed the grass mat where the track sits. So now it looks more realistic.
20151228_144411.jpg
1451344066704-889680102.jpg
The track is smoother and sits more level. I also removed the mat where the boarders sit so they don't move. I cut them earlier. Next is to paint the boarders and repaint the track. Waiting for I R emitters/receivers to arrive for timing. I thought now is not the time to start a rebuild of the track and table.

John W.
cantstopnow
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:34 pm

I LIKE IT!!! Looks great! Howe does it run? BTW - those cars' stances are brutal looking!!!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby TuscoTodd » Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:19 pm

Looks pretty sweet in the pics! :D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby cantstopnow » Fri May 27, 2016 1:52 pm

(looks up from school work...eyes blurry) Thought I would stop in and say Hi! track is still here, was able to find some more R4s curves I needed. I'm just so busy with collage that I have no spare time. Done 3 full load quarters in a row and now it's finals week. Taking summer off to catch my breath and spend some time with my track and cars. I am alive and well, so this thread is not dead!

Slot On Guys!!
cantstopnow
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to Oval Racing HQ!