[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - canstopnows oval is now in the Garage, Pics Posted

canstopnows oval is now in the Garage, Pics Posted

Your home for scale slot car oval racing!

Re: canstopnows oval is alive

Postby dreinecke » Fri May 27, 2016 7:09 pm

John - it is so good to see you! Hang in there! Schools out for Summer!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby slothead » Fri May 27, 2016 9:13 pm

John

Good luck with finals and enjoy the journey. After getting laid off from a Fortune 500 company a little over 20 years ago I spent the next 8 - 9 years in college - from a local community college to a great liberal arts college to graduate school. Looking back it was the best thing that could have happened in my life. Hang in there - a mind is a beautiful thing to put to good use.

Looking forward to what summer projects your playful side comes up with.

Slothead
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby cantstopnow » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:21 pm

Delete
cantstopnow
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby cantstopnow » Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:10 pm

Track is NOT on hold, working on it NOW!! :D
cantstopnow
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby cantstopnow » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:31 am

So I had to take my track down, room it was in is needed for family. Soooo now I am setting it up in my garage, not much is changing except for the 4' extension!!! I will also be widening it to 5'. Now there will be room for those R4 turns. Progress pics soon, like tomorrow!!!

John W.
cantstopnow
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: canstopnows oval is now up in garage, Pics Posted

Postby cantstopnow » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:34 pm

Got on the track this today, almost to the point of running cars. Had to get some help to set-up the table, but it's up. So glad I took the time taking it down, I didn't have to rewire or cut any new lumber. Tomorrow I will lay the track back down and hook up the wiring. It will be running!! :music-rockout: I have some help to move the stove and other stuff and that gives me seven feet more table space, sounds like a expansion is in order.
So happy I didn't cut the wires!!
20161110_141346_HDR.jpg
Getting it back together
20161110_170446_HDR.jpg
What to do with seven more feet of space?? :lol:
20161110_170431_HDR.jpg

I really wanted to paint the back wall and some other stuff, but have been working on the cars again and ready for some laps. Can always paint later...

John W.
cantstopnow
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: canstopnows oval is now in the Garage, Pics Posted

Postby Austin » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:47 pm

Good to see one more nice oval up and running.
Austin
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby cantstopnow » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:49 pm

So I got the track together and running, all four lanes work. Painted the table brown as I am thinking a dirt track style this time around. I finished the front panel, Need to get the aprons glued down next. Sorry for the year delay, but had a family medical emergency.
20180131_165739.jpg

Will be picking this back up, John W.
Will make post about what happened in proper thread.
cantstopnow
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:57 pm

John - good to see you back Sir! I hope you are all well!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Previous

Return to Oval Racing HQ!