[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Ideas

Ideas

Your home for scale slot car oval racing!

Ideas

Postby RazorJon » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:37 am

A little eye candy I was looking at, thought I would share
Building a lindberg 1\32? from a 34 Ford, looking for some ideas
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Re: Ideas

Postby BRP32 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:49 am

Question for you?

Are those lindbergh 1/32 kits something new out or have they been around awhile?

Reason being I was over at Hobbytalk.com on their slot car area and a guy up in Canada has a hobbyshop and was doing video reviews of each of these kits. He has also converted a few to slots.

I really like the old dirt track coupes also and didn't know how readily available the lindbergh kits are?

Did lindbergh just bring them out recently?

I know revell just released a bunch of their 1/32 snaptite kits again.

Thanks for the info you can provide!

Wayne (Bolton's Speed Shop) :D :D
BRP32
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:10 am

You guys know those are Legends cars, right? 1/32 is too small for 1/24 Legends. I think Legends are 3/4 or 2/3ds of full size.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:30 am

Jon, are you wanting Legends or just coupes with the full fender look like this?

I know it's 1/25...just showing as an example.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby RichD » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:01 am

The Lindbergh 32 Ford has been re-issued. I think that Pyro did a 1/43rd 34 Ford coach. Pioneer is coming out with 1/32nd Legends cars.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RazorJon » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:07 am

RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby RazorJon » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:12 am

RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby RazorJon » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:17 am

RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby RazorJon » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:22 am

RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:40 am

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:31 am

Monogram, Revell and Lindberg all have 1/32 kits of 30's coupes. It seems that the 33/34 Ford is the predominant one though 32, 36 and 40 Fords are around too. One of those companies made a 33/34 sedan but that one is harder to find though I believe Smith Scale Speedway sells a vacuform repop of the sedan. I have one here. If a person weren't married to a specific scale, I imagine that some of these 1/32's could be dolled up with larger diameter wheels and larger drivers to approximate 1/28 or so scale replicas for a Legends series.
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BRP32 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:39 pm

A number of years back when I was into 1/32 the first time around pre kids, I was buying '32 coupe,pick up and sedan bodies at Dollar Tree.

They were pretty cheap and crude but served the purpose back then. They were kind of on the smallish side too.

I don't know if they are still sold at Dollar tree or not?

I haven't been in that store in a number of years....

Target at one time was selling cars with candy in them too.

One looked like a '39 Hudson Terraplane and the other looked like a '48 Chevy coupe.

I built many neat dirt track coupes and hot rods with both back then.

Wayne (Bolton's Speed Shop) :D :D :D
BRP32
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RichD » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:46 am

The Lindberg kit is a '34 Ford 3 window coupe. I found the one that I have at X-Pect Discounts. According to the box J.Lloyd International is the parent company and the copyright date is 2006.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RazorJon » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:03 pm

Went with a snap togeather body I have had for a while
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby Carl 72 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:59 pm

Heres one I did from Smith Scale Speedway

Carl
BARF