[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - 1/32 Asphalt NASCAR Modified(s): nymodifieds.com

1/32 Asphalt NASCAR Modified(s): nymodifieds.com

Your home for scale slot car oval racing!

1/32 Asphalt NASCAR Modified(s): nymodifieds.com

Postby Vintage 1/24 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:19 pm

I don't really build/collect 1/32nd scale - so this is an exception.

ONE THIRTY TOOTH MODIFIED-

We have a lot of builders and fast slot racers here on Long Island and racing 1/24 scale Asphalt Tour Modifieds is very popular here - You can build them yourself or even buy a RTR.

The 1/24 cars look fairly realistic, can be made to replicate your local Modified "heroes", plus they perform very well, are sturdy and relatively inexpensive, and best of all - evenly matched on the wood ovals.

COMPETITIVE 1/32 MODIFIED-

In any case, it is very easy to get involved and very inclusive for all racers, from veterans to beginners. I thought some of this excitement could be transferred to the predominately 1/32 scale Home Racing crowd. It just needed a good chassis.

NERFS, BARS, AND BUMPERS-

This 1/32 car ended up being a collaboration of sorts (similar to some efforts I have read about here on the board). It turned out another Boarder was building just such a 1/32 chassis. I would create the body.

PURPOSE BUILT WITH A SLIGHT OFFSET-

Anyway, "slotguy" (another HRW boarder) sent me a chassis made up from a basic 1/32 brass Womp Womp. He trimmed it a bit and added some nerfs, bars, and bumpers. Nicely done for sure, and not as difficult as a complete scratch build. After all this is still *mostly a Womp* with bars added... so this is a very approachable build for almost anyone.

LOW SLUNG AND READY TO TURN LAPS IN ANGER-

I have made my own Nascar Tour Modifieds and Super Modifieds in the past from folded paper - but always in the 1/24th scale that is so popular at the underground home tracks here. So to create the 1/32 car I simply scaled down my art just the right amount, and fitted it to custom built chassis. The big 1/24 cars are based on a 4" FCR while the small 1/32 cars are based on a 3.25" Womp chassis.

WOMP BASED - GREAT CLUB RACING CAR-

The paper bodies are surprisingly tough and obviously light weight and even in the smaller 1/32nd size I was able to add some detail. I wouldn’t suggest this is a "concours" kind of slot car build, but it does make for a pretty tough looking competition car and I guess if you look real close - you could count rivets...

ALREADY PAINTED AND DETAILED WITH DECALS-

I think this could work pretty well as a racing class - the protective bars, replaceable bodies, and commercial track toughness would almost guarantee a fun and competitive class with cars that will endure all sorts of on-track mayhem, week after week.
Last edited by Vintage 1/24 on Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:19 am, edited 7 times in total.
Vintage 1/24
Mr. NY Modified

Re: 1/32 Asphalt NASCAR Modified, Jeff Fuller #8

Postby btaylor » Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:30 pm

That is a wicked looking ride! i bet they are fun!
Now if ya just had some dirt tires...................
Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby Florida_Slotter » Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:26 pm

I like it!

Some of us might just want to build a different chassis. I know I would.

But that's just me!

The Sunoco livery is outstanding.

Great job.
Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Postby Mayberryman » Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:34 pm

Other than the body what other differences are there between this car and the 1/32 Super Modified now being run in the New York Area?
Mayberryman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby turbokev » Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:52 pm

I love this car and I'm interested in hem..

I used to go see Jeff (and Rick) Fuller race in the 80's and 90's in the modified series at
tracks in the northeast like Thompson, Stafford, and NHIS..

Are there any plans to sell chassis 'kits', or bare chassis that need motors? or??
There are a few different drivers I'd like to have that ran those types of mods..
turbokev
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:44 pm

That looks like it would be a lot of fun to run! :D
(And looks awesome! Always a sucker for a Sunoco paint scheme!)
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Vintage 1/24 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:03 am

Last edited by Vintage 1/24 on Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vintage 1/24
Mr. NY Modified

Postby Vintage 1/24 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:41 pm

Vintage 1/24
Mr. NY Modified

Postby turbokev » Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:56 am

I'll send you a PM later today.. I'm interested in starting with 3 rollers, or chassis / body kits that I can add wheels, motor, gear and guide to..

My Dad started taking me to see the Mods at Stafford in 1975 or so.. and I went regularly for the next 20 years..
I saw the Bodines come through that series, Richie Evans, Jimmy Spencer, Steve Park, the Fullers, Ruggerio, Bugsy Stevens,
Ronnie and Kenny Bouchard, Greg Sacks and so many more... It was (and still is) like you said, the BEST Nascar division.

I loved the diversity of cars in the 70's.. Old coupes, Gremlins, Pinto's, Vegas.. I remember a #U2 wagon even..
Then came the change to the Cavalier body.. and the more modern stuff like they run now.. but they still look sharp!

A few I remember from back then..

turbokev
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby woodguy32 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:03 am

Vintage... This is BRILLIANT .. Crazy Awesome...

Wow... What this is great...I love the idea of using those ultra cheap womps ( got a pile of them ) and make them work.. Right now the racers who come over love racing the sprint plus winged Sprints.. because they are so wild and sideways all the time due to the short wheelbase... What an Idea..

My big problem here No one races Oval or let alone what an East Coast Mod is..They dont understand my passion of these old Mods and short track ovals..so they come over and run my cars.. no one builds them out here..

I built a bunch of FCR 1/24 paper mods .. but still 1/24 parts, wheels, chassis can add up on each car. But womps are dirty cheap on the bay..

I am always looking for cheap simple builds for racers out here..to get some interest in racing Ovals.. They all say its the funniest racing they every did.. but the building part is always an issue i guess.. and to me its the most enjoyable part..

I built a very easy screw on conversion kit I made and resin casted that is very simple .. and USAC style sprints are popular around here.. I hope this maybe the ice breaker for building.. fast and fun

Someday I will start to post again.. got a lot going on and some very crazy builds..

Always a Big Fan of your work Vintage.. you are the BEST...

Thanks Kirk
woodguy32

Postby Vintage 1/24 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:19 pm

Thanks to all for the good words.

Turbokev-

That is the tradition I am tapping into!

I even have some of those drivers already drawn. PM me whenever you are ready.

woodguy32 -

Thanks! Good to see your post - I hope you are doing well. You always have the cool stuff.

I expect to be 'boarding' more here in the Fall. They should be running a new class starting soon: Vintage Modifieds - Hardbody Coupes, Pintos, Vegas, Sedans - the best from the 'Golden Era' of northeast Modifieds. I think the underground oval track racing scene is pretty good here on the Island.

So... how do you fit the slot car guts under/into those Sprint Car conversions?
Vintage 1/24
Mr. NY Modified

Postby BIG E » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:46 am

Ya did it again, man! Your builds are the one thing I like to see whenever I get out to Mike's.
Hopefully there will be more races for me this coming season --
especially with Tony's new, larger oval in Valley Stream. -- Thanks for the look... Ernie
BIG E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Vintage 1/24 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:54 am

BIG E -

Should be another great season running the "L.I.S.T." (Long Island Slot Tracks)!

Looking forward to racing the 'secret underground network' of home track wood ovals! 8-)
Vintage 1/24
Mr. NY Modified

Postby Vintage 1/24 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:51 am

Vintage 1/24
Mr. NY Modified

Postby smithspeedway » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:49 pm

That car looks great. For those without building skills, they look pretty good just dropped on a stock womp. Ray was nice enough to send me this sample body, which I won with. Womp, Kelly Bullet motor, ProTrack wheels and tires. handles great, sticks awesome on our flat track. Get your bodies and other gear at http://realityraceway.net/
smithspeedway
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to Oval Racing HQ!