[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - 1/32 Asphalt NASCAR Modified(s): nymodifieds.com

1/32 Asphalt NASCAR Modified(s): nymodifieds.com

Your home for scale slot car oval racing!

Re: 1/32 Asphalt NASCAR Modified(s); #8, #77, #5, #99 + plus

Postby turbokev » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:53 am

It's paper that's laminated on both sides so it has a gloss look to it..
Not sure of it's a heavier paper stock than copy paper, but I do know this, the cars
are very durable.. We are racing them hard, and yes they crash from time to time but
we've had no 'paper' issues.. I've bent a front bumper in, but the laminated bodies continue to
look great ~

BTW.. saw the SK mods video.. great stuff. I was at Thompson for the World Series in Oct and
both the Valenti mods, and the Whelen mods were there.. Best short track racing around.
turbokev
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Vintage 1/24 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:18 am

woodman- I may have mentioned it somewhere in the thread but they are laminated paper, and they are pretty tough. They are already 'painted' and detailed with the correct 'decals' - and they do replicate the minimalist body work of the Tour type and SK asphalt NASCAR modifieds fairly well.

PM me and I will send you a list of about half-a-hundred bodies to look at and some info. Plus I can draw up whatever you need. I will put up a website for nymodifieds.com with some basic info and lists when I have a chance, just so folks can see what we are doing with these...

*last minute edit* I see Turbokev answered about the laminated bodies - but yeah - what he said.

turbokev- Great job on folding up the basic flat sheet. I am glad you did cut and fold one, and thanks for posting it so others can see it is not that tricky... you have a great looking field there.

I will try to do a hood bubble for the 1/32 and see how that works out - it will be small - and I need to chase down a resin air cleaner for the 1/32 cars as well.
Vintage 1/24
Mr. NY Modified

Postby BIG E » Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:32 am

Talk to me or Tony on the phone (he's got my number) about the display we're going to have at the Long Island Auto Replica Society's annual MODEL CAR CHALLENGE
show, contest and swap meet at the Freeport Recreation Center this Saturday. I will have a large vendor space and will be displaying some of our LI oval track slot cars.
Some of your beautiful builds (Mods & Hardbodies) should be presented. There will be hundreds of people attending this show, many of them LI auto racing fans.

Hope to see you there... Ernie
BIG E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Vintage 1/24 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:05 pm

Vintage 1/24
Mr. NY Modified

Postby Vintage 1/24 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:09 pm

Vintage 1/24
Mr. NY Modified

Postby woodman » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:07 pm

I have a 1/24 scale coming, I hope to get a good response here....
I wish you could come up with a sprint body.....
woodman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Vintage 1/24 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:02 pm

Vintage 1/24
Mr. NY Modified

Postby chappy » Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:41 pm

Ditto on the winged sprints,, a must have.
I now have 6 of your mods, but no real track , would forget the winged Sprints.
Even the PA Outlaws.
Truly great stuff guys
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby chargincharlie » Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:38 pm

WOW some nice work there im wanting to get me a few of the cars built im from islip long island ,but living in oklahoma FT SILL US ARMY POST, im running 1/32 analog on carrera 1/24 track,i can run both scales ,but rite now 1/32s ,im running cup cars , but man i sure want to purchase a few of your builds ,or atleast one, then maybe i can build one myself , i would really like the #19 of BOB PARK united ceramic tile , i have some photos of the parks cars on facebook /Bob and steve park fans page if you cant find any also facebook /islip speedways fans page you can get lots of modified photos for refrences if you need to there but if you can build me one let me know the cost when its ready unless you need a deposit up front and i will get that to you along with my contact information i know your a bussy man so work on it as time permits im in no hurry but around febuary would be great please keep me posted if you can build it for me i also have a facebook gregsacks fans page and a geoff bodine fans page check em out THANK YOU :text-thankyouyellow: :text-thankyouyellow: :text-thankyouyellow:
chargincharlie

Postby Vintage 1/24 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:11 pm

Last edited by Vintage 1/24 on Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Vintage 1/24
Mr. NY Modified

Postby Vintage 1/24 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:57 am

Vintage 1/24
Mr. NY Modified

Postby Vintage 1/24 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:39 pm

These Supermodified resin motor kits are available now... I need to update/refresh the site, but I thought I would put these out there.

SUPERMODIFIED INJECTED MOTOR KIT-

The Supermodified engines are cast in resin with eight high-quality metal injector stacks.

CAST IN RESIN WITH REAL METAL STACKS-

The injectors press-fit into the pre-drilled motor tightly. The assembled motor kit positions on the side panel of the Supermodified body, and mounts with double-stick tape or servo tape for a more scale looking appearance.

OFF CENTERED MILL-

The wildly off centered motor and chrome silver stacks really set off these Supermodifeds.

THE BAKERS' EIGHT EQUALS NINE-

Each motor kit inludes nine (9) injector stacks because I don't like when little pieces roll off my workbench and I can't find them...

Now that I posted this, I realize I don't think I have shown the Supermodifieds - I will have to start a new thread. But yeah, these motors are made to work with the Supermodified bodies...
Vintage 1/24
Mr. NY Modified

Postby Vintage 1/24 » Wed May 13, 2015 2:12 pm

I just posted about theses in the '3D Printed Modified' build thread, and I realize I should post here since these are available...

These are 3D printed 'Wide-5' wheel inserts that fit the common Pro-Track (1/2" hub) wheel/tire.

3D PRINTED 'WIDE-5' WHEEL INSERTS 1/2" HUB-

This is just a camera phone pic, but you can still make out the wheel detail is fairly resolved. Comparing the lug nut/studs to a fingerprint ridge in the pic offers a sense of detail. This is an unpainted rear wheel insert, and has eight (8) bolts on it's bearing hub cover.

3D PRINTED 'WIDE-5' FRONT WHEEL INSERT IN A PRO TRACK WHEEL-

This is a front insert, with a little paint and sitting in a used Pro Track rim I had laying around. The front insert has four (4) bolts on it's bearing hub cover.

3D PRINTED WHEEL INSERTS FROM NYMODIFIEDS.COM-

These are 3D printed hubs and not resin cast. They are available in packages of four (4 = two front + two rear). They are sized to fit the Pro Track hub and would look great on any of the nymodifieds.com cars or any others that you may run using the fairly common 1/2" hub.

I really have to get around to updating the website to include some of the newer pieces that are available - but early adopters can contact nymodifieds.com for these.
Vintage 1/24
Mr. NY Modified

Postby Vintage 1/24 » Thu May 14, 2015 9:34 am

Vintage 1/24
Mr. NY Modified

Postby Mayberryman » Thu May 14, 2015 11:29 am

Not attempting to hijack the thread but there is a group of tracks and racers in the Western Part of Virginia to Maryland and Pennsylvania that run both these laminated bodies as a 1/24th big block modified on an FCR chassis to plastic made, and wrapped Dirt Late Model cars complete with interior. I do not have the ability to post pictures however, you can go to
Outback Motor Speedway, Portsmouth Motor Speedway or Scale Speed Raceway to see these cars plus wing sprints and old time mods that run on these ovals.

Outback Speedway, for example, has an 18 race schedule that gets about 25 or more cars per race in the late model class and about 16 in each of the Modified and Street Stock class that runs as support classes.

I love the concept of the NY style mods but due to location can not race them but I can tell you that at Outback the races on the 45 foot track are often won by inches and not laps.
Mayberryman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to Oval Racing HQ!