[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - 1/32 Asphalt NASCAR Modified(s): nymodifieds.com

1/32 Asphalt NASCAR Modified(s): nymodifieds.com

Your home for scale slot car oval racing!

Re: 1/32 Asphalt NASCAR Modified, Jeff Fuller #8

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:14 pm

Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Vintage 1/24 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:24 pm

NY MODIFIEDS-

To avoid confusion - I drew and built up the cars I posted in this thread. Fellow "boarder" "slotguy" created the custom chassis. I have a link, and a reference to Reality Raceway in my thread, and other posters have added more - but you cannot purchase this car there.

To clear things up - I draw these bodies myself and I strive to make them more detailed and more realistic. I am a fan of the chassis with nerf bars and bumpers - it just sets them off right.

Thanks to the folks that made positive comments!

1/32 ASPHALT NASCAR MODIFIED, RICK FULLER #77-

This is the car that was created for 'TurboKev', (a "top tier" boarder - great wood track and amazing match stick Lime Rock Building). I mailed it out today - but thought I should post some iphone pics before I dropped by the Post Office.

I usually just build things to amuse myself - but since I make bodies and have even sold some to local racers - and I do have about 30-45 bodies and decal treatments already drawn up - I could offer these if folks are interested.

CUSTOM DRAWN RACERS AND HERO CARS-

If I have decent reference to work from I can draw up a custom car - basically covering a particular driver/car/era that would be unlikely to get built otherwise - in this case, as 'turbokev' requested, the Rick Fuller car to race alongside the Jeff Fuller car.

CUT DOWN BRASS CHASSIS WITH FULL BARS-

The chassis is a Womp-based cut down brass chassis with full nerf bars, rub rails, and bumpers. The “NY Modifieds” bodies are sized to 1/32 scale to fit this wheelbase. These are great fun, especially for competitive racing.

BODY-ON-CHASSIS FOR SALE-

I can offer the modified chassis with the complete bars, and the body of your choice, as a â"body-on-chassis".

This isn't a serious commercial venture but I can build them if you want them.

I think that would make the most sense, add your own motor and guide, then the end user can build to suit or tailor it to their race track from there.
Last edited by Vintage 1/24 on Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vintage 1/24
Mr. NY Modified

Postby sixtiesracer » Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:16 pm

sixtiesracer
The Rustinator

Re: 1/32 Asphalt NASCAR Modified, Jeff Fuller #8 Rick Fuller

Postby turbokev » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:31 pm

Just logged on and saw this.. Unreal !! :text-thankyouyellow:

Better than I was hoping for.. looks really fantastic and I can't wait to build it up.

Let me get some reference material together, I'll be asking you for a couple more :mrgreen:

Kev
Last edited by turbokev on Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
turbokev
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Alaskaracer » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:01 pm

The Fuller brothers cars look awesome!!
Alaskaracer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:02 pm

Really, really nice work. The brass work is some of the cleanest I've seen yet!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:01 am

PM Sent.
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby turbokev » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:12 pm

Just mocked up with a set of 15x11 CBD steelies and 1008RY yellow dogs I had laying here for an ASA Camaro..

I'm going to order some 15x12's and tires that are a smidge taller / wider for the mods..

The chassis work is outstanding..so cool looking. The body, is surprisingly good.. I mean it is afterall,
folded laminated paper, but you can tell a great deal of thought went in to creating something that
looks great.. crisp graphics, subtle details like shaded cage tubing and shadowed coil springs.. It is also
more sturdy than you may be thinking it is.. You can absolutely pick up the car by the door number area
without feeling like you are going to crush it. Easily the nicest 1/32 scale modified I've yet to see.
I can just tell these things are going to look amazing on the track.. I am thrilled!!

(I've already ordered 2 more chassis / body combo's like this Rick Fuller car)

Hopefully, a few more fellow New Englanders will follow suit and we can get a modified series going
up here on our ovals.. we all grew up going to see them, would be a blast to race them :mrgreen:

I'll start another thread when I actually build this up.. just wanted to drop in here and give Vintage 1/24 a public 'Thanks!"
and let others know these are so worth considering if you are a fan of oval track cars~
turbokev
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby sixtiesracer » Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:31 pm

Wow,that sure would be one interesting Div. I would like to find any decent Roland "Pappy" Lapierre pictures.He came from my home town,Smithfield, R.I. Sign me up!!! :drool: :drool:
sixtiesracer
The Rustinator

Postby Vintage 1/24 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:36 pm

Last edited by Vintage 1/24 on Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vintage 1/24
Mr. NY Modified

Re: 1/32 Asphalt NASCAR Modified(s); #8, #77, #5, #99...

Postby turbokev » Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:20 pm

Awesome!!

The Greg Sacks and Geoff Bodine cars should be at my house tomorrow :banana-dance:
turbokev
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: 1/32 Asphalt NASCAR Modified(s); #8, #77, #5, #99...

Postby Vintage 1/24 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:37 pm

Playing around with adding an "origami" hood bubble. Here is how it looks on a pair of 1/24 bodies... Any thoughts?

1/24 ASPHALT NASCAR MODIFIED, EMERLING #07-

1/24 ASPHALT NASCAR MODIFIED, EVANS #61-

Also still making some of these 1/32 Modifieds for folks...

1/32 ASPHALT NASCAR MODIFIEDS, #1 AND #18-
Vintage 1/24
Mr. NY Modified

Re: 1/32 Asphalt NASCAR Modified(s); #8, #77, #5, #99 + plus

Postby smithspeedway » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:43 pm

I like it
smithspeedway
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby turbokev » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:01 pm

Very cool.. A little more delicate to do in 1/32?
I'd be happy to find some 1/32 scale air cleaners~

I just assembled the Jeff Fuller body tonight.. I got this as a flat sheet, uncut.
I'm no oragami expert, but it went pretty smoothly..I even figured out the
curved windscreen.. Still need to paint up a driver for it, but now I have
another choice to clip on to a chassis :D

turbokev
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby woodman » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:31 am

Our local "raceway" is in the process of assembling a 6 lane oval the owner picked up for $300.
Question..What type of paper is going to stand up to crashes, they look like they are made of plastic?
Great looking cars and I want one....
woodman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to Oval Racing HQ!