RESULTS EJS SEASON OPENER

Your home for scale slot car oval racing!

RESULTS EJS SEASON OPENER

Postby JIMMYX3 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:44 pm

ACKLEY WINS PEPSI 500

BIVONA SR WINS SPTSM A MAIN IN ACKLEYS BACK UP CAR

Six racers arrived at EJS saturday to run the season opener for Grand National with a 500 Lapper and a 100 Lap A Main for sportsman. The 500 went off on time with the first segment of Ackley, Bivona Jr, Andy,and Bob, by the end of that segment it was clear that Lee's car was the one to beat.

The defending champion of the Race had problems from the start at the next segment and was never a factor to challenge for the lead. Bill Jr surprised everyone coming to the track with an untested car without any laps to finish a strong second, and Andys Kroger ride did very well for the first run on a new car finishing fourth. Bob Bivona came out of retirement to run a Foyt prepared Laguna for the race and was able to finish in 5th place after a few trips into the wall. Brandon has shown a big improvement,and would have finished higher in the the standings, but his car was plagued by chassis failure that sideline him near the end of the event. Brandon is up and coming and will be a factore this year, look for him in winners circle in the near future...good job Brandon!

The Sportsman A Main was won by Bill Sr in Lee Ackleys "Coleman Garage Entry" back up ride. Bill Sr could not get the Utica Speedway #3 to run, so Lee offered the ride to Bill. Second was Andy in the 8 Ball ,Bill Jr was Third in the DeWit Concrete #6 followed by Mousey in the 3K, Lee DNF pulled out with a chassis weight issue.

Trophies were awarded for the top 4 positions....rumor has it that Joe Bivona is having a chevell built in Bill Sr (Pepa) shop and will run the coke livery......Bill sr will be working with other mfg of clear nascar vintage bodys to check on durability against hard plastic. Bill will be running the clear bodys in the GN events but with a small block(18K) ...time will tell.....next race is Friday Night 7PM.

LEFT TO RIGHT BILL JR, LEE. BILL SR, AND ANDY

Click here to Reply, Reply to all, or Forward
JIMMYX3

Re: RESULTS EJS SEASON OPENER

Postby Carl 72 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:44 pm

Thanks for the race report and pictures Bill glad your back to racing

Carl
BARF
Carl 72

Postby Vintage 1/24 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:11 am

Looks like a great new facility! Is this the building you recently constructed, just to house you new track?

I would like to see some pics of the facility and especially the finished track. I am curious how the larger radius slightly banked turns are for actual racing - I am guessing it is a fairly fast track.

Looks like you are running foams with no glue - How is the racing/grip and consistency across lanes? - What classes will you be running this season at East Jefferson Speedway?

Great job on the new track and your Season Opener!
Vintage 1/24
Mr. NY Modified

Postby JIMMYX3 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:40 am

Thanks Carl, glad we are back running too....Vint, yes the track is much faster with the 6deg in the turns and 3 deg on both straights you can go super deep in the turns. The hard body stockers are turning a lap at 2.210 with a 26K Hawk Cobra for power. I only run brakes in the inside lane . We don't run glue anymore, ronsonall to clean the marbles off and a squirt of WD40 to treat with a burnout makes them soft without leaving "Junk" all over the surface and gives enough traction where you still have to "drive". Our classes are Islip Mods, dirt mods,grand national, sportsman, sprints,and vintage midgets....I bought the garage to house my wifes mustang which was on run in the summer and garaged in the winter...now its dedicated for the track 24X19....also the track is 8 feet wide and 13 ft long......thanks for asking.......Bill
JIMMYX3

Return to Oval Racing HQ!