"Blueprinting" a new series

Your home for scale slot car oval racing!

Re: "Blueprinting" a new series

Postby Burglar » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:44 pm

I have the Lee Petty Fury (very similar chassis) and I found it easy to set up except for the fact that there is very little room under the rear wheel arches. Seems you have fixed that with this one!

I used the Pioneer Typhoon motor in mine, it was an easy swap and gives it more brakes (but not to the extent of, for example, my Slot.It GT40 - it pulls up in a very natural looking manner for this kind of car). You just put the pinion on the long shaft that hangs out the other end of the can.

I used the B-NOVA conversion. Easy and cheap. I did the same to a Willys the other day. Both used the Sloting Plus SLPL 2130 universal standard guide with screw.
Last edited by Burglar on Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Burglar

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:47 pm

Well, this was not an attempt to keep it looking stock :)

To keep the cost down, I like using this motor.

They are light on brakes, but for oval racing they work well enough so we don't need more cost added.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Burglar » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:49 pm

I don't have the luxury of racing on an oval very often. Most of the time my 'oval track' cars end up on a road race circuit, where the extra braking really helps.
Burglar

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:23 pm

Oh yes, on a road course I could see where that would help. Funny, once in awhile we do some "Riverside Racing" with the old classic NASCARS on the road course, but not very often.

Like any other car, we all tune to our liking and to try and match it the best we can to the track we have :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Burglar » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:39 pm

We Aussies like road racing stock cars ... just ask Marcos Ambrose :)
Burglar

Previous

Return to Oval Racing HQ!