Local Bull-Ring Hero Tribute

Your home for scale slot car oval racing!

Re: Local Bull-Ring Hero Tribute

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:55 pm

Yeah!!!

Now all of you need to know how incredible the #441 of Bargetzi was. Oh sure...his wins MIGHT be credited to his pit crew...hmmm, yeah maybe :)

Great shots.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby padirtfan » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:04 am

Sorry Strangebrew, I guess all the reminiscing really hijacked your thread.
padirtfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:35 am

Well that's part of it. Share those memories, those drivers and cars. That is where we get great build ideas from :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby NHBandit » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:02 am

OK I'll play. My local hero growing up and going to Riverside Park Speedway in the late 60s was Bob Stefanik. Older brother of Mike Stefanik who just recently passed in a plane crash. Seems sad that so many of these guys who raced hard for a living and risked their lives week by week end up meeting their demise in a plane crash but I'm going off the rails. Bob's old #20 modified coupe has been restored and tours the New England vintage races from time to time. I watched it wreck pretty badly at Canaan Fair Speedway in New Hampshire back in the late 90s during an exhibition race but it's my understanding that it's been rebuilt once again.
NHBandit

Postby padirtfan » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:51 am

I loved when the All Star Racing League came to my area and we got to see all of the New England guys that we only got to read about in Area Auto Racing News. Rene Charland, Bugs Stevens, Jerry Cook and Charlie Jarzombeck were like mythical characters.
padirtfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby slothead » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:03 am

I have to add Ted Chrisdtopher to the sentiment expressed in NHBandit's post. I only had the pleasure of seeing Ted in action occasionally on visits to Thompson, Stafford, or Seekonk Speedways, but he was a treat to win in whatever he drove. I might have even seen him at Riverside.

I have a #13 paper bodied dirt modified with Ted Christopher listed as the driver on my oval, but he really serves a tribute of the type strangebrew would make. For this I need to find a body to use as a starting point. Maybe one of the classic NASCAR bodies Proxie Models is making since Ted would have been ideal to have as a driver in a retro racing series.
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Previous

Return to Oval Racing HQ!