[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Bodies

Bodies

Your home for scale slot car oval racing!

Bodies

Postby 4424ever » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:01 pm

So I’m looking through the dungeon gathering parts and ideas for a summer slam build
I’m partial to 30s and 40s body modefieds and was wondering what might be available out there. I already have 40 Willy’s, 37 Chev, 40 Ford in coupe and sedan, 34 Ford in coupe and sedan, 33 Chev and 32 Ford Anyone have any ideas or leads on other bodies that might be candidates for this style of car :text-thankyouyellow:
4424ever
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Bodies

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:04 pm

I am sure Strangebrew will be along shortly and throw a few ideas your way. I don't have any in that era, otherwise I would send them in.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby slothead » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:29 pm

These are the same types of bodies I'd like to use for a Showdown modified. The only thing I have now is a Revell '34 Ford Street Rod SnapTite body, pre-painted red with decals. A variety to choose from would be nice.
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby Broman62 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:39 pm

A 40’s Willy’s and a 40’s Sedan???...where do you get these in 1/32 scale...my dream cars!! :auto-layrubber: :auto-layrubber: :auto-layrubber: :auto-layrubber:
Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby 4424ever » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:29 pm

Browman the Willys is a redo of a Carrera hot rod and if I’m not mistaken the sedan was a slosh cast from Shotgun Dave :D
4424ever
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RichD » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:43 am

Sadly resin casters come and go. I just checked my bookmarks and found a number of dead links. Hot Laps Racin' was the place to go for '60s vintage circle track bodies, but for now those are out of stock. David Gourley had '37 Chevy coupe bodies as well as '40 Ford coupe and sedan bodies, but there seems to be a problem with the website. Possibly he can be contacted directly. Bandit Resins has '36 and '37 Chevy coupe bodies.
There are also 1/32nd scale model kits a few of those have been re-issued and NOS ones can be found if you search Amazon and eBay.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:26 am

Broman, the 40 Sedan was casted by Dave and Bob Taylor using the Palmer kit.

Bob still has plenty of molds. I will look through The Abyss and see what I have. Shotgun Dave is no longer doing them.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby strangebrew » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:30 am

strangebrew
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby 4424ever » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:42 am

Thanks Brew I see some desirables in your link busy at the moment but I’ll be sending a PM
Thanks Dave :banana-dance:
4424ever
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:57 pm

I still have a couple of bodies left, and a few of the molds. The 36 Ford mold is toast, but i have the master. The 33 chevy coupe mold is good for a few more, and i think the 27 T track roadster will produce a couple as well. The 31 Chevy converts to a model a Ford or a Deuce real well, and that mold is OK, but has a bad spot on the trunk lid that has to be sanded down. I also have a 37 Chevy humpback sedan that makes a sweet modified when cut down.
If there is enough serious interest, i can re do some of the molds
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby btaylor » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:56 pm

This is my Humpback 37 Chevy body
Image.
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby 4424ever » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:26 pm

I like it :music-rockout:
4424ever
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby JamieB » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:30 pm

JamieB
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Broman62 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:20 pm

Thanks guys...I kinda thought that’s where those come from but thought someone was out there building them and not telling us :o :o :lol: :lol:
Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby historiceng » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:08 am

historiceng
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to Oval Racing HQ!