[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Strangebrew's Raffle Modified

Strangebrew's Raffle Modified

Your home for scale slot car oval racing!

Strangebrew's Raffle Modified

Postby nhdungeonracer » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:41 pm

As some of you may be aware, I recently won a raffle here on HRW for Strangebrew's Modified. I haven't done any "test" laps with it yet (hopefully later this Friday), but upon looking it over, I am quite impressed with what I got.
The 1st thing that I noticed is the cool metal flake paint job. It really looks cool!. Then i picked it up, and the guide dropped. What?!?! Cool!! It's got a drop arm set up! Now I'm familiar with them as I build them for my drag cars, but on a oval race car?!?! Hey, Harry just proved that it works, so I'm going to look into that in some of my future oval builds.
In the last pic, it'll be hard to see, but it appears that Mr.Strangebrew built a "box" for the motor to set in. Not sure how it's secured yet (maybe we'll get an explanation?) but again, it seems to work.
If there's any fault (and it's not really a "fault") in this build, it's the use of screws that require a straight blade screwdriver. Who uses those screws anymore??? The answer is.... Oldtimers!!! :lol:
Yeah, I'm mighty proud to have this Strangebrew speciman in my possession :D

nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Re: Strangebrew's Raffle Modified

Postby Gameover » Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:07 pm

oh be careful....... clean tires and that drop flag still pulls out of the slot! i know i was doing wheelies with it at harry's :)
Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:59 pm

Oh you have a gem indeed sir.

With all the scratchbuilding, it's easy to be impressed. I see it all the time from him and it never gets old.

Now, take a close look at those wheels. Those are just old fashioned Parmas, but when you take the time to paint/detail them? LOL, they look pretty incredible!
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby strangebrew » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:56 am

strangebrew
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SpeedyNH » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:59 pm

I love drop arms for cars that go around corners.
SpeedyNH
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to Oval Racing HQ!