[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Strangebrew Coachworks IV

Strangebrew Coachworks IV

Your home for scale slot car oval racing!

Strangebrew Coachworks IV

Postby strangebrew » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:51 pm

................'50 Ford Shoebox modified.................
Spent the afternoon rebuilding an old slug that was on the shelf for a couple or more years.
yanked off an old Chevy body, pulled out the 45 year old Mabuchi can & started over.
Nothing special about the chassis....cut out a piece of brass here & there & added a piece or two.
Cox Gears, Parma guide, Pro-Track wheels, with home-cast urethane tires.
Crammed in a Piranha motor............Not pretty, but it runs REAL good.
I cast a bunch of mods a while back last year & did a couple using some colored dye.
I had this purple 50 Ford in the box. It has a couple blemishes in the dye, but it's usable.
Cleaned up the flashing, added a body mount or 2, printed some decals & after a couple coats of floor wax.....
..........Ta da........The interior's a little sparse, so I might dude it up a little bit later.
It's a pretty fast "beater" though.
strangebrew
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Strangebrew Coachworks IV

Postby 4424ever » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:01 pm

I like it :text-bravo:
4424ever
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:32 pm

Oh yes indeed! When I purchase the Uranus Buick from you, you will have plenty of room on the shelf for even more :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Rastas » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:45 pm

Curious, floor wax ,what do you use it for is it a cheap clear coat ???
Rastas
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby REL13 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:58 am

Mr. Brew, Another fine looking car, But I really like that sliver car in the background. Is that one of your resin bodies? I have a home for that car, If it is in your way. REL13 :)
REL13
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby tracyridge » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:16 am

tracyridge
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby model murdering » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:20 am

Funny, as a fan of secondary color combinations, I like orange and purple together; but Im always pulled into your creations by the excellent headers. They always appear to be uniquely custom, with nice uniform bends. Can you share your voodoo, or would you have to kill me after you share ... LOL

Thanx,

Bill

... sorry if you've covered it before. ;)
model murdering
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby strangebrew » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:58 pm

strangebrew
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby strangebrew » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:45 pm

I attacked another shelf queen today.
Never liked how this Mustang II turned out.

It's one of my resin cast chassis.
I whittled down the chassis a bit, added a big block Ford engine & used the headers from one of the Snap-Tite NASCAR kits.

I opened up the windows a bit, re-painted with Ace Hardware black over black primer.
It's got a Piranha motor with Parma gears, unidentified guide, Pro-Track wheels & home-cast urethane tires.
If the decals look familiar.....(see above build)....I always print several copies of the same design.
This time I used a couple different colors, They fit this body just fine.
Now I have another beater... :P
strangebrew
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby FC47 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:13 pm

They look great!
FC47
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Rastas » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:35 am

Thanks for the info I'm inspired great idea for header's, clear coat.
Rastas
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby strangebrew » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:19 pm

Dug another "bottom of the shelf" racer out for a re-do.
Nothin' says modified like a Gremlin, right?
This one I cast a long while back using yellow dye.
It has a home-cast resin chassis I cut down & added a small block Chevy cast engine.
Made the headers from stripped copper hook-up wire with brass tube collectors.
I scraped off the decals, polished it up, & added some newer home-brewed decals.
stripped & re-painted the interior.
Coated with some floor wax.
Added some fresh home-cast urethane rear tires.
It uses Parma gears & guide with a Piranha motor & Pro-Track Wheels.
strangebrew
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:37 pm

Yeah!

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby strangebrew » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:35 pm

Too sloppy to play outside, so once again dug to the bottom of the shelf & pulled out a non-performer, ugly duckling.
I rebuilt this '50 Ford once before........& I still don't like it.

Replaced the MT5 with a Jaws motor.
Threw the interior tray away & added a piece of brass here & there to the chassis
& built some new styrene headers.

Sectioned out about 1/4" from the center of the body & massaged the door panels a bit.
Painted with Ace Hardware White primer covered with white golss, added some home-printed decals & fresh home-cast urethane rears.
Now it's radical runner & I like it.

strangebrew
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby strangebrew » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:42 pm

13 degrees outside, so went to the basement & pulled another shelf "bottom-dweller" out for surgery.
Cut a out a whole bunch of useless brass rod, replaced an old Mabuchi with a Piranha, moved the guide forward,
lowered the resin engine & built some new 1/16 styrene headers.
Repainted & cleaned up the chassis.

Trimmed quite a bit from the Willys coupe body to get it lower while saving the original paint.
Cleaned up & repainted the interior, repainted the wheels & new urethane rears finished it up.
strangebrew
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to Oval Racing HQ!