[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Kurtis Midget Kit In

Kurtis Midget Kit In

Your home for scale slot car oval racing!

Kurtis Midget Kit In

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:57 pm

Just arrived, will go through it and post as the build progresses.

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Kurtis Midget Kit In

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:36 pm

Is that a repop of the ones from years ago?
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:45 pm

I have no idea sir, I am not that smart on the history of this mold.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Lancaster Tornado! » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:58 pm

Lancaster Tornado!
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Quickcars » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:12 pm

Wow, you did a great job on the kit build.

Harry, I have one these and the conversion ain't gonna be easy but if anyone can do it, you can!

Good luck...
Quickcars
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dangermouse » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:35 pm

I have 2 of these - started planning the build - didn't really want to go with a motor shaft but couldn't work out how to fit a motor and the cockpit in the small space. I have thought about using a HO motor, but at the moment they are sitting awaiting some inspiration

I might treat this as a Make a Slot Car with Harry Show and build mine along with you Harry :)

cheers
David
Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:19 pm

I plan to try that motor sir. For me, a "half tray" interior would be well enough.

My goof is I do not have the motor mount I wanted to use. So I will try other methods.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:22 pm

Heheh

This baby is skinnier than my wallet after taxes!

Will be a challenge...I like that.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Dangermouse » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:51 pm

Yep, been there, willing to go there again that was my first choice as well.
Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Carl 72 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:30 pm

Was thinking of using that midget will be watching for updates ,what wheels and tires are you thinking of using to keep it in scale

Carl
Carl 72

Postby Dangermouse » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:32 pm

I bought some 13" metal wheels of ebay they are pretty much the same size as the kit wheels. Kit tyres fit on them etc.

That is what I will be using
Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:42 pm

Well Carl, I am no expert here, just learning as I go. There are quite a few projects in "the boneyard" that just didn't work...and who knows, this might be one too! :lol:

Here is what am doing with the bottom section. I glued it and then added shims to ad strength

I plan to cut out the pan when done.

Yeah DM, I am just going to use SCC 15x7's. Slightly larger, but they will look ok. At least good enough for me and they are easy to get.

Bought some brass strip today. Couple different thicknesses to try.

Seen a few examples here and there, and good pics from Paul too.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby RazorJon » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:34 pm

I just got that kit 2
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby TSMRA » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:10 am

Yes they are tight little kits but like Lead Finger1 suggested and Harry has shown the slim cam motors like from an F1 will fit.

Brion.
TSMRA

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:25 am

Thanks for that pic sir. I was thinking of using some sleeve tubing and making it mid/front config like that.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Next

Return to Oval Racing HQ!