[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - The Official Midget Proxy thread!

The Official Midget Proxy thread!

Your home for scale slot car oval racing!

Re: The Official Midget Proxy thread!

Postby Vintage 1/24 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:27 am

Vintage 1/24
Mr. NY Modified

Postby svanaken » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:29 pm

Also is there any chance any of your other racers/pals/contacts have a controller with a lower ohm rating? With a 4 ohm controller and 10 volts my car should be a pussycat - I would think other cars might benefit as well? Maybe someone even has some vintage controllers - Cox thumb plungers, etc. ?[/quote]

I do not know what you are running in terms of motors, but I run my track at about that voltage and have found that 15 ohm Parmas works well for the majority of cars. I run stock motors in the 14-22K range. Anything higher (like 25 ohms) and higher rpm motors such as the 21.5 K slot.its are limited to a very narrow band. Lower and other cars are like that. I have a 3 ohm I use for oval racing and it does not work well on a road course with stock motors.

Scott
svanaken

Postby Vintage 1/24 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:40 am

Vintage 1/24
Mr. NY Modified

Postby RazorJon » Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:17 pm

sounds like you are having fun
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby svanaken » Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:34 pm

Cool stuff gents. I'd comment on line but don't want to have to join something to do it. As a suggestion, have you tried mounting the camera closer to the ceiling? It would give a better overall view.

Scott
svanaken

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:43 pm

Cool stuff, thanks for making the effort on the video stream.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby GTI » Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:53 pm

Bibbster, great job. that was really cool seeing the racing action...thanks again for doing that. and Paul thanks again for putting everything together.......Great stuff and a great proxy. Two down and one more race to go!!! Go Midgets!! :clap:
GTI
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby hoofbeats66 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:10 am

Thanks Bibbster for the video, great job to all 3 drivers. It was fun to watch. Looked like the cars were evenly matched. My thanks to Paul & everyone involved for taking the time to run the proxy race. Looking forward to the next one. Good luck to all. Gene at TRP
hoofbeats66

Postby Quickcars » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:27 pm

Sorry I missed the video. Seems like it went over very well. Big thanks to you Jeremy for taking the time to do the video. That was a major effort to coordinate along with actually running the cars.

Looking forward to the results from this one.

Paul
Quickcars
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:57 pm

I beat Skeletor by a point. Classic.

Jeremy, please give me a shout when you can tomorrow please?
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby sadco racing » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:15 pm

Thanks a million Jeremy, had a committment and had to miss the live feed. Pretty amazed that my little beast came in second cause it sure wunt bilt for speed, ha! First proxy attempt for me, kinda hooked now! Thanks again, Steve
sadco racing
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby hillbilly » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:30 am

Congratulation GTI, Big round of applause to Jeremy. Hope evryone enjoyed the proxy, its the first one I done and it was fun. hilbilly
hillbilly

Postby Quickcars » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:21 am

This awesome! Way to go GTI. I really hope everyone has enjoyed this experience and I want to thank Jeremy for partnering with me to pull this off. The video was an added it bonus and really added to the experience for everyone who got to watch.

Harry, your up!!!

QC
Quickcars
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby GTI » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:38 pm

Hey guys....unbeleivable......this is way cool and I'm in next year too!! the video was awesome and a lot of fun to watch. I really never thought I'd do a proxy....Paul it's all your fault!!! Thank you for the push. :)
GTI
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Quickcars » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:22 pm

Quickcars
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to Oval Racing HQ!