[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - The Official Midget Proxy thread!

The Official Midget Proxy thread!

Your home for scale slot car oval racing!

The Official Midget Proxy thread!

Postby Quickcars » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:18 am

Hey all,

We are in the planning stages for a Midget proxy. All cars will at least loosely based on the Monogram "Hot Shot" model from the 60's. Cars that will participate include (but not be limited to) the following:

Original Monogram kit
BigDonkeyResin Midget body kit
EJs Midget kit
Modified AMT Sprint kit
Revell Midget/Offy body kit

Chassis of your choosing, same with motor, appropriate tires. The only know host (Jeremy aka Bibbster) at the moment as both a nice routed oval and road layout available. We also have only 5 participants at the moment:

Jeremy (Co-Race Director) Car Received
Carl
Pete
Don Car Received
Scott Car Received
Harry (Grand Marshall) Car Received
Paul (Quickcars) (Race Director) Car Received
Tom Car Received
Gene (the owner of http://www.tosaracewaypark.com) This is AWESOME!!! Car Received
David Car Received
Vintage 1/24 (name to follow) Car Received
Paul (GTI) Car Received
Hillbilly Car Received
Sadco Racing (Steve) Car Received
RazorJon (Jon) Car Received

Alternate Racers:

1. Jimmy

I'd like to hear from anyone else who would care to participate and if you have any ideas for rules, body/chassis sources, please share.

Regards,

Paul
Last edited by Quickcars on Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:46 pm, edited 15 times in total.
Quickcars
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Midget Proxy

Postby Quickcars » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:55 am

Wow! Sweet post Jeremy. Thanks for sharing. I'm excited about this lil proxy should be a blast!
Quickcars
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Carl 72 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:07 pm

Sounds like something interesting I could get into 60a era cars narrow tires only on ovals lets get it started.
My brother just built one which he is going to post a picture of it.
You can add my name to the list.

Carl
ps- also have an oval if needed for a second race
Carl 72

Postby traxside » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:10 pm

Hi Bibster,

I am very interested in participation in the Midget Proxy competition. My track is also a routed oval track.

Thanks,

Pete Ross
traxside@comcast.net
traxside

Postby Quickcars » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:11 pm

Quickcars
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Quickcars » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:12 pm

Carl & Pete, I'll add your names to the list!

Paul
Quickcars
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:15 pm

Well, I won't win the concours d'elegance for sure. I cannot find ANY of the hats those girls are wearing that are in scale.

Can we make our own or is there a "approved list" of vendors we have to get the hats from? :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Quickcars » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:19 pm

I'm pretty sure the "hats" on the girl on the right are 1/18 scale!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :dance:
Quickcars
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:49 pm

Just goofing around
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby ovalracer63 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:55 am

I would also like to become part of this proxy race. If you need another track I have a 6 lane 8 x 16 routed oval. I will also try and get a car built once the rules have been set. Thanks.

Tom
ovalracer63

Postby Quickcars » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:50 am

Quickcars
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:09 am

I think you have the basics already covered. Just follow the guidelines in your first post, simple enough.

It is about old school midgets and you have more than enough kits/options listed. If they are not good enough, start your own race :)

Seems we have enough tracks too. I think just 3 is a good start for the first race.

I need my kit to come in today :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Carl 72 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:02 am

My brother Pete built his from the original Monogram kit what kits are you using,I was thinking of a Big Donkey 60s kit

Carl
Carl 72

Postby Quickcars » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:05 am

Great Harry, thank you. Since it appears that you and Jeremy are close to each other, I think we'll limit it to your track and the two that Jeremy has available.

I'm waiting to hear back from Jeremy and then I will start an "Official" Proxy thread, using your promo poster, with your permission of course, to get things started. I'll contact all who have indicated a desire to enter and let them know that we are a go!

The tentative date to have all the cars to Jeremy for the first leg is March 30th.
Quickcars
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Quickcars » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:09 am

Quickcars
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to Oval Racing HQ!