[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - 2018 Showdown entry

2018 Showdown entry

Your home for scale slot car oval racing!

2018 Showdown entry

Postby strangebrew » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:03 am

Got my 1st Showdown entry completed & track tested.
Started with an old beater '36 Ford coupe that traveled the country as a Proxy entry 2 or 3 years ago.

First step was to build a brass chassis. Started with a Professor Motor old sytle drop arm.
Cut it up a bit & added some simple rectangular tube tail pieces.
I just fit the motor in a hole I cut & clamped it in place with a piece of brass & 2 motor mount screws.
The simpler the better.
Added Pro-Track wheels with Paul Gauge tires with a Piranha motor & gear combo that has already been run for many laps.
Finished with a Parma guide & Big Mama brushes.

Me & the Dremel re-proportioned the body to look a bit more the part. ( it got shorter & a little narrower)
I cut off the entire trunk area & rebuilt one from styrene using lots of super glue & a heat gun.
Closed up the window openings a little bit & added a spoiler just for fun.
Just need to smooth down the trim a little & add a couple of coats of polish.

Last edited by strangebrew on Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
strangebrew
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: 2018 Showdown entry

Postby bdsharp » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:33 pm

That'll git 'er done. I really have to try one of these modifieds someday.
bdsharp
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby historiceng » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:33 pm

Vintage modifieds look so good.
The chassis and offset motor is really nice, another one for my list.
This car looks so good, thank you for posting and explaining.

Although quite expensive, would I be allowed to enter showdown type events even though I am from the UK? Subject to complying to build rules of course. I imagine that I would buy parts from the same shop as you and also buy a suitable body, make it, and then ship it back to HRW for the running. I am totally new to all of this.
historiceng
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby strangebrew » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:59 pm

Don't see why not "historiceng".............Mr. "CrockettNZ" sends his all the way from New Zealand.
Check out the ORW SHowdown stuff on the Proxy board. Rules are pretty liberal. (Not to get political)
strangebrew
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:16 pm

Here's an easy way to get involved... Take a lot of photos of your plans and build. God knows, we will comment more than you need! With 3000 guys cheering you on, you'll be fine. If I can get George Turner to respond to my many emails (because HRW guys helped get his attention), you can handle this project! We can help you find just the right body, and the rest is just getting it all in one place and building it.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:27 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby oldtymer » Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:27 pm

Great looking build Brew...You better hope that car doesn't win....because I'm going to pay to CLAIM it..lol...You know how I feel about running your Modified builds. Plus the one I already have needs a playmate.lol
Fred AKA Pickles
oldtymer
Cat Lovers Club Prez

Postby padirtfan » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:19 am

Another beauty! I'm still trying to decide what to do, I have a Ford sedan but I've had this thought of trying to do the Kenny Weld Batmobile that ran at Syracuse in 1980.
padirtfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to Oval Racing HQ!