[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - TGIF - Break from the heat

TGIF - Break from the heat

Your home for scale slot car oval racing!

TGIF - Break from the heat

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:23 am

What a cooker of a week around here. The weekend was one of the hottest on record but we managed to stay cool even with a minor AC outage :)

The grass is brown so more time to play inside and build some slot cars.

Working on my Sportsman Ford and want to start a modified. Hopefully I can get close to completion this weekend.

How about you folks? Any slot car fun planned?
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: TGIF - Break from the heat

Postby strangebrew » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:33 am

Rebuilding some earlier stuff that just never did turn out right.
Don't need to start new projects 'till I get some of the old shelf queens to run better. :P
strangebrew
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RazorJon » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:33 am

Yes sir, that was a bad heat wave, fat boys like me are not built for 100+ weather

I got to work half a day Saturday but plan on trying to finish the Purple Nomad for the upcoming fun run

Have a safe weekend gang
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:17 pm

I need to do the same Brew. My rides need a shakedown to start keeping up with yours.

Razorjon, thanks for the donation to HRW. Really appreciate the help during this upgrade.

And now, just random shots from the Skunkworks...

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby FootScoot » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:58 pm

I agree about the heat. I just stayed inside. No grass to speak of to mow. I'm still nursing my sore hand. Doc says it could be up to a year before it's all healed.
I've been buying a few cars, so I have something to do.
FootScoot
Mini Model Master

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:07 pm

Hey, Ken! I missed something. What happened to your hand?
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby dge467 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:13 pm

I have been tuning up and buying some tires for cars I have had for a while. Working on a 60 T-Bird, stay tuned for a post on that. Took a nice long road trip in the old Road Runner too, what a blast! Good to blow the cobwebs out of it.
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby dreinecke » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:55 am

What a crazy summer! Was hot as heck at the end of June to the point that everything green pretty much died off. Now the past two weeks can't get out of the 70's and it is pouring almost every day for at least an hour and things are green again. No complaints here!

We just finished painting the interior of the house - you should have seen my acrobatics on the 20' extension ladder - that was epic I've been told. Things are finally slowing down enough that I can get back to slot cars the next few weeks.

I even picked up some really nice shelves for under my track for next to nothing off a neighbor.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby FootScoot » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:22 am

FootScoot
Mini Model Master

Postby strangebrew » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:26 am

...O...U...C...H....!!!!! :o .....
strangebrew
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:20 am

Ouchville- population, you, dude. (Dodgeball, A True Underdog Story- one of the silliest movies ever made)

Did the Dr tell you to behave yourself in PT or you'll have a permanent Bird finger to carry around? Seriously, follow the directions to the letter, Ken. The more pieces in a busted bone, the more critical it is to get it right.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby FootScoot » Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:33 pm

I definetly do everything the therapist tells me. It hurts sometimes but no pain no gain. I've been bending my fingers 10 times every hour since last Thursday. Monday starts another week of therapy. I wonder what I'll get to do this week? I did the little plastic clothes pins too. 20 on was a little tough but not nearly as tough taking them off. I am improving but it just takes time.
FootScoot
Mini Model Master

Postby RazorJon » Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:39 pm

You said your middle finger?, Just drive to Illinois, get in some traffic and you will have it back in no time :music-rockout: :laughing-rolling:

Just kidding Illinois any highway in America can give your middle finger a workout :flags-waveusa:

Get well soon Ken
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby FootScoot » Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:59 pm

Harry I'm sorry if I hijacked the thread. Please continue about the heat or lack of today.
FootScoot
Mini Model Master

Return to Oval Racing HQ!