[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Project Hudson Hornet

Project Hudson Hornet

Your home for scale slot car oval racing!

Re: Project Hudson Hornet

Postby TuscoTodd » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:52 pm

TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Dundee Denny » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:05 pm

Missed this too!!!

Harry, one of the best I have ever seen on the site, feel like the original car is right there!!

Dundee Denny
Dundee Denny
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bdsharp » Tue May 02, 2017 12:11 pm

So that's it? Red primer, paint, and 2000 grit wet? Heck, even I could do that. You got the effect just about perfect.
bdsharp
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue May 02, 2017 1:01 pm

Yes that's it :)

Use 3 coats of primer. You want a little extra there so you don't sand through it to expose the body color too easily.

1000 or 1500 grit works too, just be cautious. Don't want to remove more than needed.

2000 grit is best IMHO. At that fine of grit, it allows you to actually sand the decals as I did to "lighten" them up for the worn look.

Thanks all for the kind words.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby clivearmstrong74 » Wed May 03, 2017 9:49 am

Harry, this is a very stunning car...well done. You make it look so easy and quick. Great job, great car!!!

Cheers
Clive
clivearmstrong74
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Wobble » Wed May 03, 2017 2:59 pm

Stunning, love the worn look
Wobble
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:13 pm

Bump by request (Tom Baker)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby tjettom » Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:41 pm

Harry...I remember that build well...You REALLY hit the realistic patina in the bulls eye for a perfect score on that Hudson!. Yes, i do remember seeing that one. Where do you think I acquired all my inspiration and much needed motivation? Your forum,your work,and the members works have all trully created a great place to be to gather together for sharing and learning how to build "real slot cars". Ain't no other forum like there is here!... Hey did ya notice my reply on the first page of the Hudson thread? You must have had a pic cooking some pork steaks? Then I noticed my good friend Curly was no where in the pics anymore...Hummm...COOL Hudson...I'm in wit em! ... I was hatched in 51 and the first stock car race I can remember had Hudsons,Packards,etc. and I remember how many times they wound up on their top spinnig like a over turned turtle. The old stock cars were action and thrills every minute and no sooner than one incident would happen it wasn't long before there was another car upside down or banging each other for the lead. Harry, your forum keeps me so intriged because it brings back so many sweet good time memories that should have never ever gone away...if only in scale we can still live and love racing again as it originally once was meant to be. I wouldnt trade old school racing for contemporary racing any day so at least with a little bit of help from my HRW friends,I can still create the excitement I remember...Thanks again for keeping my prescription filled with the best medicine that doctor could have ever ordered!
Thanks to HRW,
Tom Baker
tjettom
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby historiceng » Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:33 pm

historiceng
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Fathead59 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:51 pm

Was going to do one of them also but trying to use an H&R chassis , the only problem that I had was the rear wheels didn't fit correctly so I am still working on it , planning on using flat brass washers as spacers , I think that might work better
Fathead59
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Fathead59 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:53 pm

I am using them with the 1/32 scale and they seam to be working pretty well
Fathead59
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Fathead59 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:55 pm

Still trying to think of a color for it, might try and find the color of Doc Hudson, from the movie Cars
Fathead59
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Fathead59 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:21 pm

When you do the wet sanding, can you use a green Scott pad that you use to wash pots and pans work as well ?
Fathead59
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:22 pm

No sir. Go to Auto Zone or your local Auto Parts and just get some 1500/2000 grit. That pad is too much for this use.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby bill from nh » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:56 pm

Also, Walmart sometimes sells 3M sandpapers that fine in their autobody supply area. I got some 2000 grit locally & have seen 1000 & 1500 grits before. If you want to get into using synthetic steel wool, 3M makes four grades of it, coarse, medium, fine, & extra fine. I've used it when finishing woodwork & for cleaning metals, but not on painted models. The green Scotch pads mentioned above are about the same as the 3M coarse grade. Home centers & some hardware stores are good places to find the finer grades.
bill from nh
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to Oval Racing HQ!