[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - 1/24 Vintage Modified Gremlin: John Blewett Jr. #76

1/24 Vintage Modified Gremlin: John Blewett Jr. #76

Your home for scale slot car oval racing!

1/24 Vintage Modified Gremlin: John Blewett Jr. #76

Postby Vintage 1/24 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:54 am

Vintage 1/24
Mr. NY Modified

Re: 1/24 Vintage Modified Gremlin: John Blewett Jr. #76

Postby btaylor » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:41 pm

That is a cool build! That is one low slung racer right there. I bet it does well.
Thanks for sharing the pics, and build story. and those inserts are dead on perfect!

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby Z-carfan » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:40 pm

Wow that is the most bad a$$ Gremlin I've seen! Excellent work.
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby woodman » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:28 pm

Looks like a fun build .....That body lends itself to raise the opening of the rear tire....
woodman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby MoparGreg » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:48 pm

Wow what a machine! That is the baddest Gremlin I've ever seen. Great work!
MoparGreg
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby CrockettNZ » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:28 pm

awesome looking car
love the cover over the guide
I am not a fan of exposed guides so that is a great solution
CrockettNZ
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pastor bubba » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:03 pm

That is a sweet race car.
pastor bubba
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby strangebrew » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:29 pm

Great job............ :D
strangebrew
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Broman62 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:29 pm

That is spectacular!!! Workmanship is fantastic!!!
Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:38 am

That is one good lookin' machine!
:text-bravo:
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby GASSERMAN » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:55 pm

BEAUTIFUL........ Bob.
GASSERMAN
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Buzzie 00 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:28 am

I see that you took the win on Friday night at South Shore!!! Awesome car :text-bravo:
Buzzie 00

Postby Vintage 1/24 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:34 pm

Thanks for all the replies!

People seem to be digging this low slung vintage asphalt mod - and this is why I like these so much myself - Vintage asphalt modifieds were just soo low, soo powerful, the tires were soo wide, and the big blocks were soo loud, well you get the idea - these were just extremely cool racers in their day that had a look all their own.

The Modifieds just captured my imagination and attention when I was a kid watching the races at Islip Speedway.

I did get to the races Friday night, with a little anticipation, like towing in the new race car to the track for the first time.

This was really the first outing for this car. One of the guys reminded me that technically it had run before, but that was when it was in primer, different tires, gears, and unfinished, just a work in-progress from my bench building. Well it sure felt like it was the first time racing this nicely finished car anyhow.

NO FEAR HITTING THE TRACK -

I got to the track with about 15 minutes to race time, running late as usual after work. I put the Gremlin down and ripped off a few laps on the outside lane and was happy with the way it was handling - looked up and saw a few lap times that meant this was going to a competitive car right "out of the box".

Eleven (11) racers showed up that night. The three classes to be run would be the Tour Modifieds, the Super Modifieds, and these Classic Modifieds. There were nine (9) cars in the Classic Modified field that night - biggest field yet for this relatively new class. Three or four of these cars were fast and consistent (or should I say persistent) podium cars.

The #76 Blewett Gremlin would have it's work cut out.

TOP OF THE PODIUM IN FIRST PLACE -

Go figure - a little luck, staying in the slot, and I managed the feature win!

But for now I am looking at this car as one race = one win, can't do much better than that!
Now I want to build another car out of local history - lots fun building these up.

Thanks again for the great comments and interest!
Vintage 1/24
Mr. NY Modified

Postby woodguy32 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:27 pm

WOW... Another Amazing AWESOME Build Vintage 24..!!!!!!!!!!!

its is incredible the work of Art you build....love Johns beard...crazy detail.. lol

also its a RACER.. WOW... sure wish I was closer..

Thanks for Sharing with us, Ron
woodguy32

Postby Racie35 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:11 am

Very cool car :text-bravo:
Racie35
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to Oval Racing HQ!