[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - 1/24 scale winged sprint attempt "Finished"

1/24 scale winged sprint attempt "Finished"

Your home for scale slot car oval racing!

1/24 scale winged sprint attempt "Finished"

Postby btaylor » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:15 am

I had a wing car model kit laying around, and some free time Sunday, so I thought I would give a sprint car chassis a try.I don't know where this is going just yet, but it has been fun thus far!ImageImageImage
Last edited by btaylor on Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Re: 1/24 scale winged sprint attempt

Postby Audi1 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:50 am

Looks like it will be an interesting car! Good start on it; rear reminds me a little of your midgets.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:47 am

Fitting the driver and motor. Got the rear bars and steering linkage finished.Image
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby btaylor » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:42 am

Dave, The driver figure is a revell nascar 1/24 scale. It was an Ebay find for a couple of bucks. $3 to be exact.
Still gotta dress up all my solder joints, and its ready for paint. I think I might loose the wing idea, and go 70's Sprinter on it instead.

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Re: 1/24 scale winged sprint attempt "Finished"

Postby btaylor » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:42 pm

Well, while the headers dry, I am calling this one done! At least till my CB wheels get here. Decided to go with a late seventies Non wing car on this. The tire size was smaller on them, and just had a little more vintage look for my tastes. Ended up running 9/33 gears to make up for the tall Shotgun Dave rear tires, a Piranha motor, and a parma guide and braids. The motor mount is PM from SCC as are all the parts to scratch build this chassis. K&S Brass tube/sheet stock/etc.ImageImage And here is a shot of the final car.Image
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby dreinecke » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:29 pm

Do you sleep? Man you guys build stuff fast! That looks great!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby ccobra » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:06 pm

Wow that looks good Bob. And to think I was trying to go the route that you show with that red frame in the background. Thanks for showing this for it helps encouraging some of us to try something different.
ccobra
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SpeedyNH » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:08 pm

looks right to me.
that's be a good candidate for front steering.
speedy
SpeedyNH
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:38 pm

Another GREAT looking build Bob!
:banana-dance:
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby nhdungeonracer » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:39 pm

Looks great Bob!!
Nice work! :banana-dance:
nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Postby chris » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:19 am

Looks fantastic!
Now ya going to have to build another for it to run against.
Chris.
chris
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:24 am

I ended up going this style with the car.Image Fits in with my vintage stuff better. Thanks for all the Kudos Guy's, it was a fun build!
Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby Wild Eagle » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:51 am

Wow, what a great build. I'm just returning to the hobby and you guys are doing exactly what I'm setting up my space for. I'll be happy to produce something that looks half as cool. Glad you had fun with it! I know I would have.

Paul
Wild Eagle

Postby btaylor » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:25 pm

btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby Racie35 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:58 pm

I started one of those type things with a sprint plus chassis a few months ago..if you have a use for it let me know. I lost interest .
Racie35
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to Oval Racing HQ!