[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Number 4 reaches the final stages.

Number 4 reaches the final stages.

Your home for scale slot car oval racing!

Number 4 reaches the final stages.

Postby btaylor » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:09 am

This is a V8-60 Car. The 36 Ford small flathead ran with the offy's, so I thought I needed one too!ImageI know you all are sick of these Cars by now! :roll: But I am having a blast building them. I am sharing some pics anyway for those that can tolerate my obsession. :lol: ImageImageImage
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Re: Number 4 reaches the final stages.

Postby Gameover » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:12 am

Number 4 is my favorite!!
Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:41 am

#4 makes 4 lanes. You have now completed your goals to visit HRW free of charge. :)

It looks fantastic and this whole series is motivating to say the least.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby btaylor » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:49 am

With an offer like that I HAD to stay up at night finishing these things!!Image
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby glasshorsevh » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:10 pm

That lineup is just way too cool! The neat thing about these 1/18th scalers is the amount
of detail you have been able put into them. Very nice!

Val
glasshorsevh
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:21 pm

Another good looking midget, there! My favorite is still the blue #21 car.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mattb » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:16 pm

I pulled out some stuff this morning to see what I could come up with. I have a couple dirt track bodies from Big Donkey Resins and the Sprintsplus frames I modify for the Indy cars I build. I had a modified frame that was lengthened to fit the Monogram Lotus 38 body. The wheelbase is correct for the dirt tracker also. So I had a frame the right wheelbase, the body which is a 1/24 scale champ car and plenty of brass. The difference using this frame is the rear wheel bearing mounts are inside the body. That means there is no surface to solder the rear bars to, like there is with an H&R frame. I got around this by cutting the top of the rear bushing holes off and soldering in a piece of tubing that can extend outside the body and give a surface to solder to and a new bushing location. This worked fine. I soldered it in and then used the dremel to cut off the inside. Not as good as Bob has been doing, but I'll get pretty close.

I have a set of decals I copied for the 98 car and the Big Donkey body includes all the trim and a Monogram 1/24 Midget (slot car) driver figure. The driver in the picture is a Monogram Midget driver. I will switch over to the Protrack 1 inch tires and use the inserts I made using molds I made from some Ulrich Halibrands. Front tires will be ground down to 3/4 to get the right stance and look.

I made those big champ car bodies and all the parts quite a few years ago. I pulled out my 12-15 year old mold a couple years ago and managed to make a couple useable bodies (barely). The stuff from donkey is so good I would rather just buy a couple from him rather than make a new mold and all the associated parts. If you want the red body Bob uses, watch Ebay and you'll find those for $8-$15 depending on day, time of day and interest at that time.

I have a built up 98 car, but it is more model that slot car, I want one to run with the other dirt cars I've built.

P1010034.JPGP1010029.JPGP1010030.JPGI
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:36 pm

You certainly got those bars right! Nice work all around. Gotta love the champ car body.
I might try and cut up a p1 Kit to make a champ car. Yours is inspiring!
Thanks for sharing
Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby Broman62 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:49 pm

Incredible BT... so great to see ya back in the saddle and having a whale of a time!! All 4 are beautiful builds!!!!
Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby GASSERMAN » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:28 pm

[quote="btaylor"]With an offer like that I HAD to stay up at night finishing these things!!Image[/Beautiful work Bob . Outstanding. I love them. Keep them coming. Gasserbob...........
GASSERMAN
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Z-carfan » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:55 pm

BTaylor, that is outstanding work!!!
I have one of those Monogram kits and would love to build one. I need to review your previous posts. Those bumpers look to be the hard part. Were they?
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mattb » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:49 pm

P1010026.JPG
This is a resin body I molded. I cut up a big midget body to make this somewhat scale early Kurtis body.
Here's a link to the body chop I did on the big Midget to make a "kind of" scale champ car circa 1951.
http://homeracingworld.us/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=14288
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dge467 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:17 pm

Those are awesome Bob!
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby BARC 1 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:28 pm

Great looking cars. Each of them is eye candy,

Dan