[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Working on my first "Sportmans" style car

Working on my first "Sportmans" style car

Your home for scale slot car oval racing!

Working on my first "Sportmans" style car

Postby cantstopnow » Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:44 pm

This is one of the Saturday Night Short Track cars that I am working on. I did the first set-up on the body,but wanted to get some feed back before I start filling parts with a resin or what I might find at a hobby shop tomorrow. I know it looks a little rough, but it is a dirt track car :lol: I want to fill under where the shovel/hood meet so I can sand the seem down to blend the hood scoop into the shovel. Finish out the wheel wells to set it back on the chassis and see how it looks. Just posting this part here as I thought more oval people would see.
20161112_191433_HDR.jpg
20161112_191402_HDR.jpg
20161112_191326_HDR.jpg

Still a lot of work to do,
John W.
cantstopnow
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Working on my first "Sportmans" style car

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:41 pm

You might want to sand/contour the sections to try and match it close to the body shape. Then some super glue to tack in place.

Yes, resin is a good bonder but it won't fill large gaps. I use it more as a finish coat to really smooth out the car.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Ky.Slot Racer » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:15 am

Can`t say as I have ever seen any Chevelle, dirt or asphalt race car of this era that had a cow catcher on the front. As a rule they maintained the stock appearing grill, or had no grill, and maybe had a air dam and screen across the front. It is unique, curious to see what the outcome is.
Ky.Slot Racer
HRW Master Modeler

Postby cantstopnow » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:18 pm

Well I already glued it and I know there is a lot of shaping to do. It will have a "grill" of sorts and I plan on raking the roof and other stuff.
I am using this as kind of a guide to what I was shooting for.
Dirt tracker.jpg

Thanks for the comments, I'll keep moving forward on this and see what comes of it!

John W.
cantstopnow
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:42 pm

Mike Duvall! Nice choice.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby cantstopnow » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:58 pm

Got some trimming done on the car, Rounded some edges and getting ready to put some filler on. Sorry for the delay, Had a family medical issue come up. Will make a post about what happened in the proper place.
20180131_215642.jpg
20180131_215709.jpg
The tires are not the ones that will be on the finished car...

Am back to working on my cars and track again, it's good therapy.
cantstopnow
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby strangebrew » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:19 pm

..................Your on your way.................... :D
strangebrew
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby 4424ever » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:19 pm

Looks great keep on going even in the 1:1 world these cars are all different and unique and they are all racers :clap:
4424ever
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby cantstopnow » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:43 pm

cantstopnow
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby slothead » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:23 pm

Just blabbing here, but what about a bowtie grille opening with a screen behind it, and a 'move over' pusher bumper in front?

Slothead
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby cantstopnow » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:58 pm

A Bowtie grill?? I like it! That idea just went to the top of the list, Thanks!
cantstopnow
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:47 am

Looking good. Lot of work accomplished so far. Yes, that bow tie idea sounds great!
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby cantstopnow » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:55 pm

cantstopnow
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:56 am

Heck yeah, looks the business. Nice going.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby TuscoTodd » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:36 am

Great progress!
That is definitely coming together!
:banana-dance:
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Next

Return to Oval Racing HQ!