[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - New addition to the oval!

New addition to the oval!

Your home for scale slot car oval racing!

New addition to the oval!

Postby btaylor » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:30 am

Did some creative swapping in the house, and ended up with this 46" big screen for the oval. You can see it very well from anywhere on the track! Image
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Re: New addition to the oval!

Postby Tycosaur » Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:24 am

Wow 46", Looks nice. I just have two 15" monitors on each end of my tri-oval plus the laptop I use by the drivers stations.
Tycosaur
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:27 am

No missing lap times on the jumbo-tron! :D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Ky.Slot Racer » Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:12 am

Ky.Slot Racer
HRW Master Modeler

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:32 am

Wow, Mr. Fancy now.

It's good to see how the upper crust of our forum does things. Gives us normal folks something to dream about. :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby BIG E » Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:43 pm

I pride myself on being able to quick glance a 15" screen every lap or so, without disturbing my rhythm on the track.
Even on the big commercial tracks you can usually find that sweet spot for a split second peek.
Now you've gone and made it easy for everyone. Great job, that screen looks awesome!
Maybe create an extended border around it for some sponsor logos and the like. That might throw 'em back off their game!

All kidding aside, very well done. Enjoy! -- Ernie :>)
BIG E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:42 pm

Wow that's like a jumbotron!
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Gameover » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:47 pm

My screen is a touch smaller but love being able to see it at the opposite end! Nice addition!
Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:17 pm

No excuse for getting old and grumpy, I can read that thing from here.

With the last edition of the Targa track, Luf moved the driver stations to the other side of the track. Lot's of complaints from us old bifocal guys, so he added a wide screen TV as well. Now we can all see how slowly we are running. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Great addition to any track.

Keith
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BIG E » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:51 am

I went with the progressive lenses about 15 -20 years ago, as I was not a good candidate for contact lenses. After your brain adjusts (it took me a day or two, others said a bit longer) you'll love them. I'm nearsighted, so fortunately I can take my glasses off when working with model/slot cars or other up close tasks on the bench and see perfectly clear. But, as I was referring to earlier, when you're following a 1/24 scale car at 50+ mph around a 150 foot or larger track, that quick glance comes and goes in focus with the progressive lenses. For me, it's the best eye wear I've ever had. Of course, everyone has to find what works for them, and things do change (including your prescription) as the decades roll by!

I'll be "seeing" you all at the slot car track! Enjoy! -- Ernie :>)
BIG E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby cantstopnow » Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:36 am

Nice set-up, need to be able to keep track of lap times.

John W.
cantstopnow
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Broman62 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:17 am

You da "Jumbotron" man BT!!!
Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to Oval Racing HQ!