[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Rebuilding The Show-Me Speedway (Lake Show-Me)

Rebuilding The Show-Me Speedway (Lake Show-Me)

Your home for scale slot car oval racing!

Rebuilding The Show-Me Speedway (Lake Show-Me)

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:55 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Rebuilding The Show-Me Speedway (Lake Show-Me)

Postby HRWJim » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:24 pm

I think I was taught how to lay down copper tape on the first one. Sorry to see it go. BTW I think you made a pretty good buy for 30 bucks on the router.
HRWJim
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dge467 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:42 pm

Sorry to hear about the track flood. I guess now you can build even a better oval! Nice score on the routing tool.
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:01 pm

Jim's dead right about the router. That is made by Ryobi for several big box stores (usually around $60-$80). If you ever have to take the handles apart or take the plunge feature apart, look out! The springs are unsecured (think of that big long screw on the back of an M2), and they will disappear on you. I had a time getting a replacement spring for a friend in Texas when one of his shot over his shoulder and vanished.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby dreinecke » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:39 pm

Yup. Looks identical to my Ryobi except the color. Great router and has served me very well!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Audi1 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:20 am

Looking forward to watching it come back to life!

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bdsharp » Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:42 am

Happy to see you're getting right on it.
bdsharp
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby CJR » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:18 am

Your tutorials and reports are always inspiring. While I don't see a routed track in my immediate future, I plan to follow this build in order to add to my own knowledge.
CJR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby WB2 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:01 am

I use a Lewin trammel base. Infintely adjustable for a 4" to 24" radius. Mid $30 dollar range.
http://home.earthlink.net/~customwood/t ... mpass.html

Router of choice is a Porter Cable 690 from my old woodworking days. While more expensive, I've been able to get extra bits and pieces when I need them. The only issues were a stripped lock bolt and a bad switch.
I was fortunate to pick up a PC dust collecting base years ago. Works on regular and plunge bases, and did a fine job of containing the dust.

I recommend getting a round clear base for any route one chooses.
Round so it cuts the same no matter it's orientation to the fence.
Clear so you can see the marks on the track surface.

Just my $0.02 worth....
WB2
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:33 am

Excellent tool advice. My local home centers do not carry them, but in this online world they are easy to find.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby ourwayband » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:23 am

Looking good Harry.By the way your routers make mine look like a kid's toy.Routed several tracks from my cheapo Black and Decker.If they call yours a throw away I would hate to hear what they would call mine.. ;)
Rusty
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:26 am

If you drive up this weekend and bring a few boxes of Little Debbies, I'll let you use the new one.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby ourwayband » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:30 am

Harry,you bring the MDF down here with those fancy Routers and I'll supply all the Little Debbies your ever need.. :)

Rusty
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Broman62 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:10 am

Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:24 am

Well that sounds tempting. You know you are high on the slot car food chain when you publish an open invite like that.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Next

Return to Oval Racing HQ!