[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - 1/24 Vintage Modified Coupe: Tom Baldwin #7

1/24 Vintage Modified Coupe: Tom Baldwin #7

Your home for scale slot car oval racing!

Re: 1/24 Vintage Modified Coupe: Tom Baldwin #7

Postby Broman62 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:35 pm

Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby woodman » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:34 pm

Yea, great looking builds.....
woodman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Buzzie 00 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:31 pm

I just stumbled upon this website a day ago and decided to register. I had a 120 ft tri oval that we raced Reading type mods and sprint cars here in central Pa. I had to sell it as I lost the building that it was in. I sill have an oval which is not set up at the timebeing, but plan to get things going again in the future. I really like this build, and would like to get more info on your specs. I'll contact you through your website. That coupe is really awesome looking!!!
Buzzie 00

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:39 pm

It really is inspiring. I meant to comment on this one in particular and life got in my way. This is the essential example. My Modifieds may look mean or go fast or whatever sometimes anyway, but this is a real beauty and its fast, and its realistic... Its just really good.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby GASSERMAN » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:09 pm

Just found this thread over the weekend . Will be building some of these. Thanks Ron for answering my questions sir. Bob.......
GASSERMAN
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Vintage 1/24 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:56 am

In addition to your question I had someone else talk to me about this build within the last day or two - I think it speaks to the usefulness of the archives here.

I remember when I first became aware of HRW I spent *hours* reading lots of the old posts, threads and builds - it was a very valuable collection of hobbyist info and inspiration!

As far as your builds I really like the 27mm with the bigger hub - the 5/8" hub Pro-Tracks. They just set the car off and are very close to scale in appearance PLUS they accept my own nymodifieds.com wide-5 inserts perfectly and will also make use of inserts and wheels found in most 1/25th model kits. So they are a great way to go.

And the body mount "pinch" method is also a great way to go for these Modifieds. A brass rod/pin goes through the body *from the outside* and is cut off an 1/8" inch or so inside the door skin. Then instead of "spreading" the body to clear it of its mounting pins, you just pinch the body to clear the pin on the inside.

It looks correct to have the rod go through the bodywork like the real car did and it puts less strain on the model - as you are not pulling the car apart (separating the firewall etc.) but rather pressing it together in a way.

Anyway good luck with your modified builds and be sure to post - lost of folks can benefit form these kind of build threads.
Vintage 1/24
Mr. NY Modified

Previous

Return to Oval Racing HQ!