[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - 57 "Showdown Widow" *Finished*

57 "Showdown Widow" *Finished*

Your home for scale slot car oval racing!

57 "Showdown Widow" *Finished*

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:48 pm

Just had my little jewelry box come on from SCC. I picked the Showdown Special #3.

Also ordered the Black Widow decal sheet from Pattos. The body is a MT Raing 57 Fairgrounds.

The plan is to create a fictional Saturday Night Special honoring this car/team.

I will post updates to the build as they happen. Have a big weekend coming up and very little time, but rest assured, I'll post in progress photos for those interested.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: 57 "Showdown Widow" WIP

Postby Gameover » Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:52 pm

way cool! cant wait to see it progress!!!!
Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Postby Gameover » Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:59 pm

i think this started when i posted my want black widow thread :)
Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:01 pm

I cannot be left unattended. :) Yes, Steve. That did give me the idea.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby btaylor » Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:24 pm

Well that should be as cool as it gets. I am still un decided on body choice? so many choices!!!
You picked a great one Harry, looking forward to the build pics.

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby dge467 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:12 pm

This ought to be good!
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby Dundee Denny » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:28 pm

Best car being built by the best builder, GREAT combo!!!

Dundee Denny
Dundee Denny
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Z-carfan » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:45 pm

I will be following with much interest.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:49 pm

That's three "57s for this event. I'm doing Black Widow and the black & gold Smokey car. I was going to surprise you. The Patto's decal is excellent. You truly get your money's worth. Mine did take weeks to get here, so be prepared. Things aren't the way they used to be.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:42 pm

2 weeks and 3 days. It was worth it though :)

I like surprises...I bet they look great.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby mrstumpyHO » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:24 pm

Wow, I'm impressed! Most slot car guys (and many real car guys) have no idea what a Black Widow was! The only one I ever saw for real was on a trip to Florida back in '71. A fellow in Deland was restoring a well abused one to original and planned to give it the Chevy black and white paint job. There weren't too many '56, and '57 Chevys with truck hubs and six bolt wheels from the factory!

Smokey Yunick became a pretty good friend of Bunkie Knudson at Pontiac and got special parts from them to build a Pontiac version of the Black Widows for a few years, just for "personal use" of course. :handgestures-thumbup:

Go fast, turn left!

Stumpy in Ahia :character-oldtimer:
mrstumpyHO

Postby cantstopnow » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:12 pm

Looking forward to seeing this car build.
cantstopnow
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:19 pm

Get cracking snack shack!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby TuscoTodd » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:40 am

TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer